Re: Newsom should mothball Crazy Train to Palmdale
Author: SP5103
Date: 03-21-2020 - 15:01

Employment of any able bodied person in need of a job is far more desirable and beneficial than being on unemployment insurance or government assistance.

However - these are not normal times. There is a virus that is threatening not just us but most of the world, and has proven to be deadly to seniors and those with compromised health.

We don't have an effective treatment or vaccine at this time, and as it has proven to be highly contagious the only option at this time is to try and limit its spread. One of the biggest drawbacks is that there is not enough testing capacity to determine who does or doesn't have it in the general population, and there is a suspicion that someone without any clear symptoms might easily survive it but unknowingly spread it to others. Since up to 20% of IDENTIFIED cases require hospitalization and often use of a ventilator, there is a real possibility that it could overwhelm the existing medical system. Even if we rapidly convert existing facilities into hospitals and suddenly can build an unlimited number of ventilators, we don't have the experienced and trained medical personnel who themselves are at an increased risk.

The only way to limit the spread at this time is to restrict widespread public contact and potential exposure. While too many think the current restrictions are unnecessary, unjustified and may even infringe on their rights, I don't even want to contemplate the worst case scenario.

Part of the problem is that most of those who lived through the depression and WW2 have passed, and too many of the newer generations just can't understand why they must be inconvenienced and sacrifice their care free lifestyle for all of our survival.

I personally am afraid that those politicians trying to juggle the medical realities, political goals, public pressure, big business influence, the upcoming elections and our economy will soon discover that what they are juggling are hand grenades and the pins are falling out. I think the idea of the feds spending TRILLIONS trying to prop up the economy and prevent financial pain to the voters is going to lead to long term pain - at some point that has to be paid back.

Just my opinion, and I do hope I am wrong and it ends up better.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Newsom should mothball Crazy Train to Palmdale synonymouse 03-21-2020 - 11:50
  Re: Newsom should mothball Crazy Train to Palmdale HUTCH 7.62 03-21-2020 - 11:57
  Re: Newsom should mothball Crazy Train to Palmdale SP5103 03-21-2020 - 12:29
  Re: Newsom should mothball Crazy Train to Palmdale HUTCH 7.62 03-21-2020 - 12:44
  Re: Newsom should mothball Crazy Train to Palmdale david vartanoff 03-21-2020 - 14:20
  Re: Newsom should mothball Crazy Train to Palmdale SP5103 03-21-2020 - 15:01
  Re: Newsom should mothball Crazy Train to Palmdale david vartanoff 03-21-2020 - 15:30
  Re: Newsom should mothball Crazy Train to Palmdale SP5103 03-21-2020 - 16:34
  Re: Newsom should mothball Crazy Train to Palmdale david vartanoff 03-21-2020 - 17:19
  Re: Newsom should mothball Crazy Train to Palmdale Commenter 03-22-2020 - 12:41
  Re: Newsom should mothball Crazy Train to Palmdale HUTCH 7.62 03-21-2020 - 20:23
  Re: Newsom should mothball Crazy Train to Palmdale synonymouse 03-22-2020 - 11:03

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com