Theft of parts from Shay Locomotive Display
Author: David J. Dewey
Date: 03-09-2009 - 23:50

HI All,
We just discovered that some nefarious idiots have very recently removed both injectors, the displacement lubricator, main steam gauge both brake handles and one Lima Builder's plate (s/n 3169) from the former Feather River Railway Shay on display in Hewitt Park in Oroville. One Injector is silver painted, the other black, and both are missing the male connecting parts--they're still on the piping. Here's a pic of the engineer's side before these clowns came along.
http://ngdiscussion.net/phorum/file.php?1,file=4776,in_body_attachment=1
Judging by the careful manner in which the parts were taken, I don't think they were taken for the brass--but I could be wrong. They also got most of the site glass, but not the valves. There is evidence they were interupted--or they think no one is noticing and will be back.
I'll post more info on missing parts as soon as I locate my other detail photos.
ANY help getting the parts back or hanging these folks by a nearby tree appreciated!
Steamcerely,
David Dewey
(BTW, Curator for City of Oroville)

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Theft of parts from Shay Locomotive Display David J. Dewey 03-09-2009 - 23:50
  Re: Theft of parts from Shay Locomotive Display espeefoamer 03-10-2009 - 18:54
  Re: Theft of parts from Shay Locomotive Display quig 03-10-2009 - 19:18
  Re: Theft of parts from Shay Locomotive Display GRRR 03-10-2009 - 19:31
  Re: Theft of parts from Shay Locomotive Display WTF over... 03-10-2009 - 22:28
  Re: Theft of parts from Shay Locomotive Display RN 03-11-2009 - 09:43
  Re: Theft of parts from Shay Locomotive Display Extra Board...WTF, Over! 03-11-2009 - 11:15
  Re: Theft of parts from Shay Locomotive Display Tom Moungovan 03-11-2009 - 11:46
  Re: Theft of parts from Shay Locomotive Display Timberbeast 03-11-2009 - 14:26
  Re: Theft of parts from Shay Locomotive Display David Dewey 03-12-2009 - 23:06
  Re: Theft of parts from Shay Locomotive Display Larry 03-13-2009 - 19:37

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com