Re: Ukraine Grain By Standard Gauge Rail?- One if by land, two if by sea......
Author: John Bruce
Date: 06-18-2022 - 08:45

One point to be made is that Ukrainian broad gauge grain cars are already retrucked at the borders -- at least in Romania -- and operate as unit trains with buffer cars to convert the couplers to European hook and screws at either end. From what I can determine, these are about 40 cars long, so not at a North American level, but they operate. If standard gauge track can extend into Ukraine at a useful distance, you'd avoid the need to re-truck the cars at the border and have at least a temporary pool of cars that can operate in Europe. Certainly Mr Robl is correct that it would take time to build this out substantially, but I can't rule out that counties like Poland have got to be thinking hard about this option.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiOrSwpvtuLUjYJVX0nPWUzyVMgXCykApNT36aRTrYrIwNpnc4cShrBvofXFgkVYgaF9ffCE2cgKbWioXqu6rxQzRIpXy9gM7ZOLBXSxT4eqc2ZipDxklrwH-9BwbbeM14v835W6cSf2ZLXLRycrGn74LxS1keNmDuDIH0A58m5F4b_iSbOVEbSIRmySw/s600/Ukraine%20interchange%20train.jpg

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Ukraine Grain By Standard Gauge Rail? John Bruce 06-17-2022 - 07:12
  Re: Ukraine Grain By Standard Gauge Rail?- I suspect that availability of cars and locos would be a bigger problem. BOB2 06-17-2022 - 09:12
  Re: Ukraine Grain By Standard Gauge Rail?- I suspect that availability of cars and locos would be a bigger problem. Ernest H. Robl 06-17-2022 - 09:58
  Re: Ukraine Grain By Standard Gauge Rail?- I suspect that availability of cars and locos would be a bigger problem. A.T. Mahan 06-17-2022 - 11:10
  Re: Ukraine Grain By Standard Gauge Rail?- One if by land, two if by sea...... BOB2 06-17-2022 - 11:47
  Re: Ukraine Grain By Standard Gauge Rail?- One if by land, two if by sea...... FUD 06-17-2022 - 13:31
  Re: Ukraine Grain By Standard Gauge Rail?- One if by land, two if by sea...... John Bruce 06-18-2022 - 08:45
  Re: Ukraine Grain By Standard Gauge Rail?- One if by land, two if by sea...... A.T. Mahan 06-19-2022 - 08:11
  Re: Ukraine Grain By Standard Gauge Rail?- One if by land, two if by sea...... Dr Zarkoff 06-19-2022 - 12:23
  Re: One if by land, two if by sea...... Wake Island... LMAO Doctor.... Does Nancy know where that is? BOB2 06-19-2022 - 20:31
  Broad gauge already reaches into neighbor countries, how about building unit train unloading loops? Captain Shuttle 06-17-2022 - 16:01

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com