Submitted For Your Approval * Two-hundred-forty-fourth Installment - Spoiler Alert - Airplane Photo
Author: D. B. Arthur
Date: 02-04-2024 - 19:47

FORTY-FIVE YEARS AGO, in August of 1979, I made a trip up to British Columbia and Alberta to chase and photograph trains.

When it was time for me to return to the U.S., I rode a westbound CPR coal train on August 08 from Revelstoke to Kamloops, where, the following day, I caught C-FPWM, a 737-214 of the now-fallen-flag Pacific Western Airlines to Vancouver, connecting to a couple of 727'S of the now-fallen-flag Western Airlines to get me back to Las Vegas, NV, which is where I was living at the time.

C-FPWM is now 56 years old if it hasn't been scrapped. It's had several registration numbers but its manufacturers serial number is 19921. The photo was taken at Kamloops, B.C. on AUG 09, 1979. Since this photo was taken, the plane went on to fly for Bahamas Air, Pan Am, SAHSA and GPA. Right after it was out of the factory it flew for PSA and had some interior wallpaper with California scenes.

The last times I posted photos of airplanes were on DEC 03, 2022, my 179th installment, of a CP Air 727 at Vancouver, B.C. and on MAR 06, 2022, my third installment, of an Ozark Airlines DC-9 at the now-razed Stapleton Airport.

https://i.ibb.co/j3wgLRL/19790809-037-737-214-C-FPWM-msn19921-YKA-tj.jpg

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval * Two-hundred-forty-fourth Installment - Spoiler Alert - Airplane Photo D. B. Arthur 02-04-2024 - 19:47
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval * Two-hundred-forty-fourth Installment - Spoiler Alert - Airplane Photo FUD 02-04-2024 - 21:24
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval * Two-hundred-forty-fourth Installment - Spoiler Alert - Airplane Photo D. B. Arthur 02-05-2024 - 00:59
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval * Two-hundred-forty-fourth Installment - Spoiler Alert - Airplane Photo FUD 02-05-2024 - 07:40
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval * Two-hundred-forty-fourth Installment - Spoiler Alert - Airplane Photo Curious George 02-05-2024 - 11:59
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval * Two-hundred-forty-fourth Installment - Spoiler Alert - Airplane Photo George Andrews 02-05-2024 - 17:52
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval * Two-hundred-forty-fourth Installment - Spoiler Alert - Airplane Photo Tom H 02-05-2024 - 18:22
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval * Two-hundred-forty-fourth Installment - Similar problems with planes and trains? BOB2 02-05-2024 - 18:57
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval * Two-hundred-forty-fourth Installment - Spoiler Alert - Airplane Photo D. B. Arthur 02-05-2024 - 21:19

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com