Not a new concept. Clock face, Metrocard, Seamless Bay Area, etc. Easier said than done
Author: U say Verkphart, I say Oyster card
Date: 03-07-2024 - 13:16

Commenter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The whole point is that it isn't a regional
> transit district. It is a transport association.
>
> You can still have 27 different agencies or
> transit districts. They just agree to have central
> coordination to make fares understandable and
> connections between agencies timed. In some of the
> German associations some of the members are even
> private, for profit companies.
>
> The different agencies can still determine where
> the routes will be, but the whole system appears
> to the user as one.

The concept has been discussed for decades. Here and abroad. Tried in parts like scheduling or fares. But real reasons why often not fully implemented. Not "Oh, they must not have heard about Verkenpharting! This will fix everything!"

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  9 County Bay Area Transportation, Coordination and/or Consolidation? Commenter 03-05-2024 - 12:45
  Of course 1 agency should be more efficient, but all the others worry SF-Oak would insist on depolicing & free rides for the small % that commit 50% of crime & other whack far left ideas 03-06-2024 - 14:10
  The gentleman is not familiar with the concept of a Verkehrsverbund Commenter 03-06-2024 - 14:36
  Were u born yesterday? Yes I know what a regional transit district is. A German version did not discover a magical new concept The Brony assumes 2 much 03-06-2024 - 15:17
  Re: Were u born yesterday? Yes I know what a regional transit district is. A German version did not discover a magical new concept Commenter 03-06-2024 - 21:26
  Not a new concept. Clock face, Metrocard, Seamless Bay Area, etc. Easier said than done U say Verkphart, I say Oyster card 03-07-2024 - 13:16

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com