Re: NOVATO ADVANCE-Letters to the Editor-SMART
Author: BOB2
Date: 05-03-2009 - 11:43

Who told you the station location doesn't make much difference to ridership?

That's not what I told the planning students at USC this week? I oversaw the early station planning on the Gold Line in Pasadena, and we put both auto access park and ride and walking access stations in. Memorial Park and Lake Avenue are perfect examples of very high volume walk on downtown stations. The downtown location in Novato is actually a fairly good option (housing and retail density) for a non-park and ride-walk on station. Also, you may be underestimating long term reverse commute demands to these centers (almost all "models" do), with suburban job access that is walkable from stations. This reverse commute market, in the last few years, has been one of Metrolink's faster growing new markets during the gas price run up. I see Troll Hunter was at some of the same recent events?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  NOVATO ADVANCE-Letters to the Editor-SMART SMART RAIL 05-01-2009 - 10:55
  Re: NOVATO ADVANCE-Letters to the Editor-SMART Christian J. Goepel 05-02-2009 - 00:28
  Re: NOVATO ADVANCE-Letters to the Editor-SMART Another Novato Resident 05-02-2009 - 10:37
  Re: NOVATO ADVANCE-Letters to the Editor-SMART BOB2 05-03-2009 - 11:43
  Re: NOVATO ADVANCE-Letters to the Editor-SMART Another Novato Resident 05-03-2009 - 20:58

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com