Re: BNSF Woodinville Subdivision - Lake Washington
Author: Jim
Date: 06-23-2009 - 22:08

Really, I wasn't aware that the Safeway bakery still receives flour. In fact, I thought that Safeway closed that facility, but I'm probably wrong. That industrial area of Bellevue near the 405/520 interchange was under consideration for a Sonics basketball arena as part of a massive redevelopment project. I'll take a closer look next time I drive on 520 where it crosses the tracks near that facility. You can look over and see the siding, but I don't recall seeing any cars in recent memory. I'll pay better attention. However, as I mentioned the cross at Totem Lake sure looks like it's been awhile since anything has been on it. That would now, of course, be the only direction that a train could access Bellevue. I usually can hear train horns on that line where they run down the hill from Totem Lake into Woodinville, from my condo in Redmond, but have not heard a sound since the Dinner Train stopped. It's been even longer since I've heard or seen anything on the Redmond branch. The Redmond branch was prett decrepit looking when I first saw it in 1988 when they still ran trains to Issaquah, so that's nothing new. There was a derailment in the early 90s on that sweeping elevated curve between the crossing at 85th/148st/Willows Road and the bridges over Lake Sammamish Blvd and the Sammamish River.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see if they ever rebuild the severed part at Wilburton and re-use the line.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  BNSF Woodinville Subdivision - Lake Washington Chad 06-22-2009 - 21:15
  Re: BNSF Woodinville Subdivision - Lake Washington Jim 06-22-2009 - 22:05
  Re: BNSF Woodinville Subdivision - Lake Washington Jim 06-22-2009 - 22:11
  Re: BNSF Woodinville Subdivision - Lake Washington Dmac844 06-23-2009 - 19:14
  Re: BNSF Woodinville Subdivision - Lake Washington George Andrews 06-23-2009 - 20:25
  Re: BNSF Woodinville Subdivision - Lake Washington Jim 06-23-2009 - 22:08
  Re: BNSF Woodinville Subdivision - Lake Washington TWP 06-25-2009 - 10:32
  Re: BNSF Woodinville Subdivision - Lake Washington Chad 06-24-2009 - 20:49
  Re: BNSF Woodinville Subdivision - Lake Washington PD 06-26-2009 - 10:44
  Re: BNSF Woodinville Subdivision - Lake Washington Jim 06-26-2009 - 16:03
  Re: BNSF Woodinville Subdivision - Lake Washington Chad 06-26-2009 - 19:05

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com