Paddington Station - UK - Business Trips of a Californian
Author: Freericks
Date: 07-22-2009 - 20:13

Probably only of interest to a very, very few on the Altamont Press list -- but for those of you who like UK railroading (all others, sorry to have made you click) --

Far from home, had a stopover in London... and grabbed some shots at London Paddington (where I hadn't been since 1984, and had blown all my shots with too slow film on that previous trip).

This time I was ready with a DSLR.

First image is of what is reported to be the fastest diesel in the world, the nearly 30 year old Class 43 on a train to Penzance.

[freericks.rrpicturearchives.net]

Second image is of a lineup of Class 43s, along with the Class 332 EMU that I had ridden in from Heathrow.

[www.railpictures.net]

Thanks for looking, and corrections are welcome.

Charles Freericks

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Paddington Station - UK - Business Trips of a Californian Freericks 07-22-2009 - 20:13
  Re: Paddington Station - UK - Business Trips of a Californian Tom McCann 07-22-2009 - 20:28
  Re: Paddington Station - UK - Business Trips of a Californian Freericks 07-23-2009 - 07:28
  Re: Paddington Station - UK - Business Trips of a Californian C Snow TX 07-23-2009 - 09:48
  Re: Paddington Station - UK - Business Trips of a Californian Brian 07-23-2009 - 11:44
  Re: Paddington Station - UK - Business Trips of a Californian PVWB 07-23-2009 - 20:03

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com