Re: Paddington Station - UK - Business Trips of a Californian
Author: Freericks
Date: 07-23-2009 - 07:28

Tom,

First... thank you for your service, Sir.

As to Paddington, Yeah, I was there in 1984 and did still see the slam-door coaches and the older diesels then. I arrived just after dark with ASA 100 film in the camera that day, and knew I was pushing it, but I tried my best... 1/8th shutter speed shots a F2.8, with the light meeter needle still reading that it was way too dark.

About three shots actually had some kind of an image on them, but even those were shaky and not very interesting. As I recall, I'd missed daylight by about an hour or so. Oh well... no crying over 25-year-old missed opportunities.

Charles

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Paddington Station - UK - Business Trips of a Californian Freericks 07-22-2009 - 20:13
  Re: Paddington Station - UK - Business Trips of a Californian Tom McCann 07-22-2009 - 20:28
  Re: Paddington Station - UK - Business Trips of a Californian Freericks 07-23-2009 - 07:28
  Re: Paddington Station - UK - Business Trips of a Californian C Snow TX 07-23-2009 - 09:48
  Re: Paddington Station - UK - Business Trips of a Californian Brian 07-23-2009 - 11:44
  Re: Paddington Station - UK - Business Trips of a Californian PVWB 07-23-2009 - 20:03

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com