Question for W&I RR, Stan
Author: Thornton Mellon
Date: 12-04-2009 - 18:16

Stan, with reference to the track removal in Pullman, sorry to beat a dead horse (but they don't fight back as much), but myself and a couple of my friends were left with the impression that the Watco, WSDOT and City of Pullman agreement required all sidings and spurs to be removed, not just those associated with the park area the City of Pullman wants to build, and this is why the old UP pass near the hardware store was recently scrapped even though it is no where near the park construction---is this correct?? (We were confused as to why the UP track got lifted as it was in relativly decent shape and it's removal doesn't have any benefit and exposes Watco to the possible expense of having to replace it.) If this was the requirement, was any reason given as to why the City of Pullman made the requirement? What do you do if you locate a customer for the area, how long does Watco have to replace removed trackage and what areas of Pullman are available for trackage? If you get a customer, say one of the seed plants, that wants to ship 30 cars of Peas to the Texas Gulf (a formerly common move) in March, but trucking to Palouse is too costly, can you accomidate this need? We ask not only as railfans, but also as the taxpayers that helped to buy the lines and are attempting to support their future use, but it's future use is being made more difficult buy its very owners and will require more of my tax dollars to support---so this is just not foamers asking.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Question for W&I RR, Stan Thornton Mellon 12-04-2009 - 18:16
  Re: Question for W&I RR, Stan Stan Patterson 12-05-2009 - 09:17
  Re: Question for W&I RR, Stan Part 2 John Hamilton 12-05-2009 - 21:37
  Re: Question for W&I RR, Stan Part 2 stan patterson 12-06-2009 - 05:51
  Re: Question for W&I RR, Stan Part 2 Tabasco 12-06-2009 - 20:00
  Re: Question for W&I RR, Stan Part 3--different twist. Dilbert 12-07-2009 - 17:38
  Re: Question for W&I RR, Stan Part 3--different twist. Tabasco 12-09-2009 - 11:05
  Re: Question for W&I RR, Stan Part 3--different twist. Seth 12-09-2009 - 20:18

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com