Re: CHSRA ridership projections questioned again
Author: S.S. Sam Taylor
Date: 02-06-2010 - 20:14

Bob: I am absolutely shocked. I am a supporter of High Speed Rail. When I heard that the Authority wanted to build a separate set of tracks between Anaheim and Los Angeles and WAS NOT going to provide any grade seps for Metrolink, Amtrak and BNSF and the high-speed train was only going to be able to go 110 mph and this so-called improvement was going to cost somewhere north of $5.5 billion, I stopped to wonder. I bet you might know that we could get Amtrak, Metrolink and BNSF up to 110 mph for only $1.5 billion and high-speed could share the passenger tracks and save the taxpayers $4 billion. But don't let regional benefits get in the way of the High-Speed Rail Authority folks.

Check out these numbers. You can see where the model was flawed.

Per Capita Annual Boardings where Gilroy and Merced are the Boardings Champs. Merced isn't even on the direct route.
and the
Interregional Boardings per Departure where Los Angeles gets less riders than Sylmar or Norwalk.

For the "true believers" and the others who don't believe we are getting hosed by crew up at the Authority, there is more to come. This is only the beginning.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  CHSRA ridership projections questioned again synonymouse 02-06-2010 - 14:16
  CHSRA ridership projections questioned again S.S. Sam Taylor 02-06-2010 - 16:58
  Re: CHSRA ridership projections questioned again Carol L. Voss 02-06-2010 - 17:35
  Re: CHSRA ridership projections questioned again BOB2 02-06-2010 - 18:16
  Re: CHSRA ridership projections questioned again S.S. Sam Taylor 02-06-2010 - 20:14
  Re: CHSRA ridership projections questioned again Paul Dyson 02-07-2010 - 17:16
  Re: CHSRA ridership projections questioned again OldPoleBurner 02-07-2010 - 21:30
  Re: CHSRA ridership projections questioned again synonymouse 02-07-2010 - 23:07
  Re: CHSRA ridership projections questioned again Spokker 02-06-2010 - 22:11
  Re: CHSRA ridership projections questioned again synonymouse 02-07-2010 - 00:52
  Re: CHSRA ridership projections questioned again Spokker 02-07-2010 - 03:02
  Re: CHSRA ridership projections questioned again OldPoleBurner 02-07-2010 - 22:11

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com