Re: Looking for Witnesses
Author: Retired Amtrak Conductor
Date: 05-02-2010 - 23:50

Apparently Atascadero Agent, you are upset with my statements and my demeanor in the manner I which I wrote the comments. Well, all I can say is -"TOUGH SH*T!" You took the time to read my message and took the time to notice that I had mispelled the word "Idiot". Well, when I was typing that, I was so pissed off that this so called "Lawyer" had the nerve to come on here and ask for witnesses, that I could hardly contain myself. Yeah, it was just a simple typing mistake. GET OVER IT MR. TEACHER! As for the comments I made, I have earned every right to voice my opinion. And that was just what it was-MY OPINION! Not knowing you, your attack against me was totally unprovoked. But that is ok with me-that is the same type of mentality I was talking about in my message. I would venture to bet that if you have ever ridden the Amtrak trains, you are the type to not pay attention to the rules of the train. I would bet that you are the type of person that puts your bags in the seat next to you rather than use the overhead bins which is the rules. You are probably the same type of person that would take up all 4 seats at a table and not share the unpaid for space you are using. I also bet you are the type that would complain to the Lounge Attendant that had been working 16-20 hours a day for the last four days that your hot dog was not hot enough or that there was not enough ice in your soda. You are probably the type that would occupy the space in the lower level to take train photos and deprive a handicapped person a seat rather than take a vacant seat up in the upper level, where you are supposed to sit unless you are handicapped and request lower level seating. Or you may be the type that would complain because we were being held for a derailment ahead or because there had been a trespasser fatality ahead or on the tracks in front of our train or maybe we were being held for a weather problem, like tornados in the area or high winds or high water over the rails. Yeah, you are probably the most important person on board the train when you ride it. BITTER?? ME?? You must be kidding! I was probably one of the nicest Conductors you would find onboard an Amtrak Train. Re-read my post. I said I only got angry when people acted STUPID onboard my train. And that is what it was. MY TRAIN! As a Conductor, as someone else pointed out, you are responsible for everyone on the train, even the stupid ones. But we are also responsible for the safe passage of our train from point A to point B. THAT is our responsibility! AND, if I say so myself, I did a pretty good job of it. As for the attack that is the reason for this thread. I do not personally know the Conductor. But I do know who he is and have talked to him in passing. He did not deserve this. It was a total attack on him. His back was turned to the animal that hit him over the head with the bottle. Then the coward ran like the animal he is. As for his letter of apology? I read it. It was probably sincere. HOWEVER, he tried to get people to believe his anger was brought on by his drinking and his drug use and the fact that his infant son was in the Neo-natal unit of the hospital. I can relate to the child issue. I lost a grandson at five weeks. That is tough. BUT, did the drinking and drug use solve that problem with his son? NO! In fact, it will ultimately make it worse. Why? Because he will not be there for the love and support that child will need, now and in the future. So, while I commend his apology, I can not condone his reasons he gave for the unprovoked attack against an innocent Conductor. Now, settle down and respond in a normal manner if you wish. But remember, you want to flame me, you had better be wearing your big boy pants! Retired Amtrak Conductor

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Looking for Witnesses KitKat 04-28-2010 - 18:58
  Re: Looking for Witnesses lynchmob 04-28-2010 - 20:39
  Re: Looking for Witnesses Mongo 04-28-2010 - 21:28
  Re: Looking for Witnesses HA 04-28-2010 - 21:43
  Re: Looking for Witnesses Mike Hawk 04-28-2010 - 22:00
  Re: Looking for Witnesses Retired Amtrak Condutor 04-28-2010 - 22:54
  Re: Looking for Witnesses OPRRMS 04-28-2010 - 23:01
  Re: Looking for Witnesses Retired Amtrak Condutor 04-28-2010 - 23:11
  Re: Looking for Witnesses agentatascadero 04-29-2010 - 16:51
  Re: Looking for Witnesses Mongo 04-29-2010 - 21:58
  Re: Looking for Witnesses Newrad 04-30-2010 - 00:31
  Re: Looking for Witnesses flatiron 05-02-2010 - 21:15
  Re: Looking for Witnesses Castlebridge 04-28-2010 - 22:43
  Re: Looking for Witnesses Juppo 04-29-2010 - 19:22
  Re: Looking for Witnesses Mongo 04-28-2010 - 21:59
  Looking for Witnesses J 04-29-2010 - 02:30
  Re: Looking for Witnesses Shannon 04-29-2010 - 08:37
  Re: Looking for Witnesses Perry Mason 04-29-2010 - 08:53
  Re: Looking for Witnesses M. Harris 04-29-2010 - 10:01
  Re: Looking for Witnesses Boilerfoam 04-29-2010 - 11:56
  Re: Looking for Witnesses Unk Diego 04-30-2010 - 15:02
  Re: Looking for Witnesses Joe Magruder 04-29-2010 - 12:56
  Re: Looking for Witnesses Shannon 04-29-2010 - 14:06
  Re: Looking for Witnesses Sam Richards 04-29-2010 - 14:56
  Re: Looking for Witnesses Retired Amtrak Conductor 05-02-2010 - 23:50

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com