Re: W&I Grain/UP Fairfield Local?
Author: Bruce Kelly
Date: 11-15-2010 - 21:29

Last few times I shot the Plummer Turn, they mainly used 160.515 on the branches. May have changed since then; I've seen at least two other frequencies used on the branches in the past. Normally don't hear them on the road channel (160.740) until they're coming back into Spokane and call the DS to give up their warrant and call the crew van to pick them up at the fuel track. Approaching Plummer Junction, they'll switch to 160.275 and call out to see where STMA's Switcher is. Depending on who gets to the junction first, and what kind of cars are being swapped, it's possible to get the Plummer Turn and Switcher in the same shot. A common practice is for the Plummer Turn to leave his St. Maries-bound cars (mostly empty centerbeams and boxcars) on the hill above the north leg of the wye and then continue on in to the mill at Plummer, using the UP track that drops down sharply off the former MILW and then under the highway bridge. If he hasn't already done so, the Switcher will then pull through the south side of the wye with loads for UP, duck under the highway bridge on one of the two former MILW tracks, run his power back through the crossover, then grab those empties that the Plummer Turn left on the hill, and round the east side of the wye to head back to St. Maries.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  W&I Grain/UP Fairfield Local? Michael 11-15-2010 - 19:28
  Re: W&I Grain/UP Fairfield Local? Chas 11-15-2010 - 20:18
  Re: W&I Grain/UP Fairfield Local? hepkema 11-15-2010 - 20:50
  Re: W&I Grain/UP Fairfield Local? Bruce Kelly 11-15-2010 - 21:29
  Re: W&I Grain Matt Farnsworth 11-16-2010 - 11:44
  Re: W&I Grain Michael 11-17-2010 - 10:35
  EWG - another eastern Washington shortline Butler 11-17-2010 - 13:40
  Re: EWG - another eastern Washington shortline njt 11-17-2010 - 15:04
  Re: EWG - another eastern Washington shortline Michael 11-17-2010 - 20:43
  Re: EWG - another eastern Washington shortline Stacktalk2 11-17-2010 - 20:53

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com