Re: Bob Parkinson.. Howard Wolfe
Author: Ken Shattock (KRK)
Date: 12-05-2012 - 13:02

I didn't know Bob Parkinson but did know Howard Wolfe. Last I heard, Howard was retired and living in Richmond, CA with wife Jodie. One of the Rio Vista boys could chime in here and advise if Howard is still living.
Howard was retired from Pacific Bell as a "Transmission Engineer" for telephone circuits in a central office environment. He was very sharp on electrical stuff.
In 1958, Howard Wolfe bought all kinds of stuff from the KEY SYSTEM that was closing down their Transbay Train operations. I mean LOTS of stuff. KEY 1218 Line Car included. All kinds of electrical gear and carbody parts. His basement in Richmond resembled a Walmart for trolley parts. Unbelievable. Over the ensuing yearsm you would read in the club newsletter that certain parts that were needed for an ongoing car restoration were suddenly obtained from Howard Wolfe. For some of the early years that I was a member of BAERA, Howard claimed to be the only one allowed to operate SN Combine 1005. He also knew how to operate the KEY SYSTEM
Doane automotive crane with chain drive and solid rubber tires.. also known by some as "Nightmare Alice" .. I actually saw him drive that thing. Amazing!
To a lot of the BAERA membership, he was known as "Uncle Howie" !!

Cheers.

KRK

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Bob Parkinson.. Howard Wolfe ff 12-05-2012 - 10:56
  Re: Bob Parkinson.. Howard Wolfe Ken Shattock (KRK) 12-05-2012 - 13:02
  Re: Bob Parkinson.. Howard Wolfe Dr Zarkoff 12-05-2012 - 17:38
  Re: Bob Parkinson.. Howard Wolfe SP4460 12-05-2012 - 20:53
  Re: Bob Parkinson.. Howard Wolfe ff 12-06-2012 - 14:26

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com