Re: Bob Parkinson.. Howard Wolfe
Author: Dr Zarkoff
Date: 12-05-2012 - 17:38

His wife's name is "Jolie"; there is no "d".

>For some of the early years that I was a member of BAERA, Howard claimed to be the only one allowed to operate SN Combine 1005.

That all ended one day when he came around for a fan trip one day (late) with the necessary fuses, which he had removed the night before, and found the other members had put scraps of old wire and so forth in their place. For a while he would even chain and padlock the main knife switch open. Until the recent restoration, that chain was still there, but I don't know whether it survived the restoration process. And no comments from me on his expertise as a motorman.

>He also knew how to operate the KEY SYSTEM Doane automotive crane with chain drive and solid rubber tires.

Well, it was his own property, although he has since donated it to the club, as he did with the and 1218 (both about 10-15 years ago) and the 1215 about 30 years ago. I know of only about three other members who have operated the crane.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Bob Parkinson.. Howard Wolfe ff 12-05-2012 - 10:56
  Re: Bob Parkinson.. Howard Wolfe Ken Shattock (KRK) 12-05-2012 - 13:02
  Re: Bob Parkinson.. Howard Wolfe Dr Zarkoff 12-05-2012 - 17:38
  Re: Bob Parkinson.. Howard Wolfe SP4460 12-05-2012 - 20:53
  Re: Bob Parkinson.. Howard Wolfe ff 12-06-2012 - 14:26

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com