Request from a transplanted "Northeast Corridor" Fan
Author: P.Kepler
Date: 11-27-2007 - 20:34

Growing up in Maryland in the 70's, My father and I spent many days trackside watching and photographing post merger PRR/PC traffic. GG-1's , E-44s, the occaisional E-9. and Budd Metroliners. They were my favorite as nothing else traveled with as much speed. It seemed the faster they went the better the horn sounded. The sound would cut right through you. No other equipment had that particular type of horn. What I'm looking for is a recording of a metroliner at a grade crossing with the horn blaring. there are several "You-Tube " videos but they are all without sound or nowhere near a grade crossing. We watched mostly at the Odenton Md.Station and sometimes at Bowie Md. Having a Metroliner blow by you at 100+ MPH was an experience. When Amtrak rebuilt the control cars for use in push -pull service the horns didn't make the transition, the reason for that is a mystery. Can anyone help me?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Request from a transplanted "Northeast Corridor" Fan P.Kepler 11-27-2007 - 20:34
  Re: Request from a transplanted "Northeast Corridor" Fan Bruce Kelly 11-28-2007 - 07:06
  Re: Request from a transplanted "Northeast Corridor" Fan P.Kepler 11-28-2007 - 10:47
  Re: Request from a transplanted "Northeast Corridor" Fan Bruce Kelly 11-28-2007 - 12:15
  Re: Request from a transplanted "Northeast Corridor" Fan P.Kepler 11-28-2007 - 15:50
  Re: Request from a transplanted "Northeast Corridor" Fan George Andrews 11-28-2007 - 18:36
  Re: Request from a transplanted "Northeast Corridor" Fan Bruce Kelly 11-29-2007 - 06:55
  Re: Request from a transplanted "Northeast Corridor" Fan George Andrews 11-30-2007 - 14:59
  Re: Request from a transplanted "Northeast Corridor" Fan P.Kepler 11-29-2007 - 09:47
  Re: Request from a transplanted "Northeast Corridor" Fan Brian Jennison 11-30-2007 - 06:33
  Re: Request from a transplanted "Northeast Corridor" Fan George Andrews 11-30-2007 - 14:51
  Re: Request from a transplanted "Northeast Corridor" Fan Walt Lankenau 12-04-2007 - 14:46

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com