Re: Request from a transplanted "Northeast Corridor" Fan
Author: Bruce Kelly
Date: 11-28-2007 - 07:06

The first avenue that comes to mind is railpace.com, the on-line site for Railpace magazine. Click on their "Interlocking" tab and you'll find a large number of Eastern links that might lead you to someone posting audio recordings. Oh wait, there was this outfit called Quiet Please Recording, which put out some fantastic stereo recordings on CD some years ago, many of them done in the Northeast. Look them up. I share your feelings about the sight and sound of high-speed passenger trains. I spent my teenage years right alongside the Surf Line in southern California, where San Diegans flew by at 90mph behind Es, SDP40Fs, and eventually F40PHs. I also spent nearly eight years living in northwest New Jersey, and had some memorable days on the NEC between Princeton Junction and Trenton. You're right; nothing else like it in the U.S.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Request from a transplanted "Northeast Corridor" Fan P.Kepler 11-27-2007 - 20:34
  Re: Request from a transplanted "Northeast Corridor" Fan Bruce Kelly 11-28-2007 - 07:06
  Re: Request from a transplanted "Northeast Corridor" Fan P.Kepler 11-28-2007 - 10:47
  Re: Request from a transplanted "Northeast Corridor" Fan Bruce Kelly 11-28-2007 - 12:15
  Re: Request from a transplanted "Northeast Corridor" Fan P.Kepler 11-28-2007 - 15:50
  Re: Request from a transplanted "Northeast Corridor" Fan George Andrews 11-28-2007 - 18:36
  Re: Request from a transplanted "Northeast Corridor" Fan Bruce Kelly 11-29-2007 - 06:55
  Re: Request from a transplanted "Northeast Corridor" Fan George Andrews 11-30-2007 - 14:59
  Re: Request from a transplanted "Northeast Corridor" Fan P.Kepler 11-29-2007 - 09:47
  Re: Request from a transplanted "Northeast Corridor" Fan Brian Jennison 11-30-2007 - 06:33
  Re: Request from a transplanted "Northeast Corridor" Fan George Andrews 11-30-2007 - 14:51
  Re: Request from a transplanted "Northeast Corridor" Fan Walt Lankenau 12-04-2007 - 14:46

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com