Re: The No Nuke Nuts will now have their sites on killing Diablo Canyon and putting us all in the dark or paying sky high prices for "Bird Killing Power"
Author: OldPoleBurner
Date: 06-14-2013 - 14:25

So you "ain't got nuttin' nice" to say about "No Nuke Nuts" - eh?

Well - I'd take you more seriously, If you were willing to knowingly move yourself and your children into the potential fallout zone. Otherwise, why should I think you really believe any of what you preach. But don't get me wrong - I was once all for it. Nevertheless, I have had very mixed feelings about "nuckular power" for years.

Oh Yeah! -- I was just being "nice" --- when I said "potential" fallout zone"; as there are many locations where a fallout zone has been very real. True enough, there are nuclear power plants that have not had any serious problems. But not so for many others! Arco Idaho for starters. Being from Northern California, places such as Rancho Seco, near Sacramento, also come to mind; where releasing radio active water and gases into the sloughs of the eastern Sacramento River Delta, was chronic. These have been REAL fallout zones, even with merely "routine" leaks. That is the why, behind the public referendum to permanently close the plant.

The California government (SMUD - the owners) refused to fix it, or close it - just kept wringing their hands - year after year. So the people had to do something about it themselves. And that's just but one small chapter, in the saga of the total collapse of representative government, that is modern "Kaliphonia" - but I digress. . . .

Then of course, there are more famous problems such as Three Mile Island; that created ginormous radio-active clouds (thank God for stockpiled iodine pills - and their protective effect). Oh! But then there is the Chernobyl meltdown, and Eastern Japan where an earthquake disrupted several nuclear plants, causing those "mythical" meltdowns there too; leaving thousands of square miles uninhabitable for decades (if not centuries). I myself, worked several years with two such Chernobyl refugees. Russia had no place for the hundreds of thousand of displaced to go. So many of them came here.

As for Diablo Canyon, I have not heard of any breaches so far. But the ninnies that built it had a saga all their own; with one serious and major engineering flubb-up after another. Their general and TOTAL incompetence was indeed breathtaking to behold, for any professional electrical engineer such as myself. One has to worry what sort of flim-flam and flubbery has not yet been discovered, and won't be until utter catastrophe reveals it.

Do I believe nuclear power can be made safe? As one who received much training in nuclear power while in the navy - the answer is - Absolutely Yes! Even so, despite the horrific consequences of failure.

However, within my experience also, is cleaning up the incredible debacle these same companies (that built Diablo Canyon and others) made of BART's original signaling and train control installation, not to mention the incredibly junky onboard propulsion gear they saddled BART with. That experience tells me these Bozos are leaving behind a chaotic trail of crappy unreliable junk equipment everywhere they go. That they were also building nuclear power plants. IS TRULY SCARY!

Yes, it can be done safely; but on a practical level, it won't be as long as stupid and corruptible men run the corrupt, greedy corporations and governments, that are building and operating it. So my feelings remained mixed. It is "Man" himself, that cannot be trusted, when the consequences of failure are so enormous

Now - if that qualifies me for the list of "No Nuke Nuts", so be it!.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  San Onofre to Close Pdxrailtransit 06-09-2013 - 12:14
  Re: San Onofre to Close 1stcajon 06-09-2013 - 15:21
  Re: San Onofre to Close JFranz2777 06-09-2013 - 23:02
  Re: San Onofre to Close SP4460 06-10-2013 - 02:17
  Re: San Onofre to Close fkrock 06-10-2013 - 09:07
  Re: San Onofre to Close Pdxrailtransit 06-10-2013 - 11:36
  Re: San Onofre to Close Fred 06-10-2013 - 12:59
  Re: San Onofre to Close Pdxrailtransit 06-10-2013 - 16:14
  JFranz2777 Rate Payer 06-12-2013 - 10:15
  Re: alternative uses for closed nukes mook 06-12-2013 - 18:35
  Re: alternative uses for closed nukes mook 06-12-2013 - 18:37
  Re: alternative uses for closed nukes P. Kepler 06-13-2013 - 13:57
  Re: alternative uses for closed nukes P. Kepler 06-13-2013 - 14:02
  Re: alternative uses for closed nukes mook 06-13-2013 - 20:37
  The No Nuke Nuts will now have their sites on killing Diablo Canyon and putting us all in the dark or paying sky high prices for "Bird Killing Power" Fed Up 06-14-2013 - 09:10
  Re: The No Nuke Nuts will now have their sites on killing Diablo Canyon and putting us all in the dark or paying sky high prices for "Bird Killing Power" OldPoleBurner 06-14-2013 - 14:25
  Re: The No Nuke Nuts will now have their sites on killing Diablo Canyon and putting us all in the dark or paying sky high prices for "Bird Killing Power" Fed Up 06-14-2013 - 15:16
  Re: The No Nuke Nuts will now have their sites on killing Diablo Canyon and putting us all in the dark or paying sky high prices for "Bird Killing Power" mook 06-14-2013 - 16:32

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com