Re: UP on BNSF Nisqually/Dupont trackage Fri 2/7
Author: GN Goat
Date: 02-09-2014 - 23:47

In regards to the UP train, I saw crew in the locomotive heading North as well as the headlight on; so assuming it was heading North. The train wasn't moving when I drove by it, so I don't know if they were backing into the Dupont siding to cut the string of cars or coming out of it. Regardless, it was first time for me seeing UP there.

In regards to the Roy Turn; I have seen that local with 1 engine on each end of the cars when I've driven up I-5 at night to Tacoma.

Tacoma Rail has two locomotives together when I see them either heading North towards Tacoma or in the Olympia area.

Now my other comment is, why does BNSF still do the Roy Turn? Why doesn't Tacoma Rail do it? I understand that TR is contracted by BNSF to do Olympia area as well as the businesses in South Tacoma?

I remember a few years back that Tacoma Rail ran a passenger special with their Tacoma Rail Passenger Cars out to Roy.

Thanks for the replies to my post.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  UP on BNSF Nisqually/Dupont trackage Fri 2/7 GN Goat 02-09-2014 - 00:12
  Re: UP on BNSF Nisqually/Dupont trackage Fri 2/7 Bruce Butler 02-09-2014 - 04:31
  Re: UP on BNSF Nisqually/Dupont trackage Fri 2/7 theconductor 02-09-2014 - 09:53
  Re: UP on BNSF Nisqually/Dupont trackage Fri 2/7 Tom McCann 02-09-2014 - 21:18
  Re: UP on BNSF Nisqually/Dupont trackage Fri 2/7 DCA 02-09-2014 - 23:11
  Re: UP on BNSF Nisqually/Dupont trackage Fri 2/7 GN Goat 02-09-2014 - 23:47
  Re: UP on BNSF Nisqually/Dupont trackage Fri 2/7 BN Oly 02-12-2014 - 11:34
  Re: UP on BNSF Nisqually/Dupont trackage Fri 2/7 DCA 02-13-2014 - 11:39

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com