Re: UP on BNSF Nisqually/Dupont trackage Fri 2/7
Author: DCA
Date: 02-13-2014 - 11:39

Wow! Thanks for the explanation regarding the operation of the former Prairie Line. Though I read about the various twists and turns that led up to finally building the new connection from Freighthouse Square to M St in Tacoma, I had not noted anything regarding restrictions on freight trains over the new link.

I did recently wonder about it, as I mentioned in my earlier post on this thread. What a joke. I hope that the restriction is not going to last forever, or that at least it can be re-negotiated. For the cost of that new link (and the fancy bridge work over the Pacific Ave. area) one would think that making the most efficient use of the infrastructure would make eminent good sense. Well, at least to most people it would.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  UP on BNSF Nisqually/Dupont trackage Fri 2/7 GN Goat 02-09-2014 - 00:12
  Re: UP on BNSF Nisqually/Dupont trackage Fri 2/7 Bruce Butler 02-09-2014 - 04:31
  Re: UP on BNSF Nisqually/Dupont trackage Fri 2/7 theconductor 02-09-2014 - 09:53
  Re: UP on BNSF Nisqually/Dupont trackage Fri 2/7 Tom McCann 02-09-2014 - 21:18
  Re: UP on BNSF Nisqually/Dupont trackage Fri 2/7 DCA 02-09-2014 - 23:11
  Re: UP on BNSF Nisqually/Dupont trackage Fri 2/7 GN Goat 02-09-2014 - 23:47
  Re: UP on BNSF Nisqually/Dupont trackage Fri 2/7 BN Oly 02-12-2014 - 11:34
  Re: UP on BNSF Nisqually/Dupont trackage Fri 2/7 DCA 02-13-2014 - 11:39

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com