Re: Supreme Court Deals Massive Blow To Rails-to-Trails Programs
Author: crmeatball
Date: 03-15-2014 - 14:15

Quote:
Stash & the conductor said
> Thanks for the rant about "ewepeeee". Yawn.

Agreed. That was some old and biased opinion mixed with misinformation.

Seriously, is this what this forum, and by extension this hobby has denegrated into? I was just lamenting this morning that I find little benefit or enjoyment from reading this forum any longer. It once was a wonderful, rich resource of information about the workings of railroading and a place where some people could share their railroad photography. Now, all you find is people railing on the NWP, complaining about or praising other websites, incoherent troll fodder, literal foaming over "unpatched" units, and people complaining about the pusillanimous, pants peeing republicans or the pluralisticly ignorant, hypocritical democrats.

Since Mr. Curlee decided to close up shop, this place has been going down hill and recently has been doing so at an increased rate. OPB has been participating in this forum for years and has provided a signifigant insight and viewpoints into railroad operation. And all you can do is yawn? Yet the yawn was insufficient, you actually took the time to write it down? His post on the UP might be a bit pedantic, but do you have a better explaination as to why the UP (or other Class I railroads for that matter) have not acted in a manner consistent with good business practice? Can you explain why they act so myopic toward short lines, lcl traffic and truck competition? Better yet, can you do so with apparent experence and insider understanding of the situation? Possibly, but doing so would be what increases interest in this site, not posting about your inability to become excited about railroading. Better to have a discussion than to dismiss it entirely. That would be more interesting than simply a "yawn."

With the many responsibilities I carry, I have little time to spend on my hobby of railroading. I would prefer to spend it doing railroad photography or model railroading, but due to those time restrictions, I cannot. So coming here was once a way I could enjoy railroading from my desk, to learn and discuss railroad matters. But as these are met with indifference and boredom, with others preferring to discuss the potential demise of another businessman, I am not sure I will be able to get satisfaction for my hobby here much longer.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Supreme Court Deals Massive Blow To Rails-to-Trails Programs WebDigger 03-11-2014 - 00:43
  Re: Supreme Court Deals Massive Blow To Rails-to-Trails Programs George Andrews 03-11-2014 - 11:09
  Re: Supreme Court Deals Massive Blow To Rails-to-Trails Programs BOB2 03-11-2014 - 12:04
  Re: Supreme Court Deals Massive Blow To Rails-to-Trails Programs mook 03-11-2014 - 14:02
  Re: Supreme Court Deals Massive Blow To Rails-to-Trails Programs Mike Swanson 03-11-2014 - 16:25
  Re: Supreme Court Deals Massive Blow To Rails-to-Trails Programs Observer 03-11-2014 - 16:30
  Re: Supreme Court Deals Massive Blow To Rails-to-Trails Programs Brian 03-11-2014 - 19:52
  Re: Supreme Court Deals Massive Blow To Rails-to-Trails Programs Pine Junction 03-11-2014 - 20:40
  Re: Supreme Court Deals Massive Blow To Rails-to-Trails Programs HUTCH 7.62 03-11-2014 - 22:04
  Re: Supreme Court Deals Massive Blow To Rails-to-Trails Programs Concerned 03-12-2014 - 16:36
  Re: Supreme Court Deals Massive Blow To Rails-to-Trails Programs mook 03-12-2014 - 18:28
  Re: Supreme Court Deals Massive Blow To Rails-to-Trails Programs Agent 99 03-12-2014 - 19:09
  Re: Supreme Court Deals Massive Blow To Rails-to-Trails Programs mook 03-12-2014 - 21:53
  Re: Supreme Court Deals Massive Blow To Rails-to-Trails Programs OldPoleBurner 03-13-2014 - 12:10
  Re: Supreme Court Deals Massive Blow To Rails-to-Trails Programs Stash 03-14-2014 - 09:07
  Re: Supreme Court Deals Massive Blow To Rails-to-Trails Programs theconductor 03-14-2014 - 14:20
  Re: Supreme Court Deals Massive Blow To Rails-to-Trails Programs crmeatball 03-15-2014 - 14:15
  Re: Supreme Court Deals Massive Blow To Rails-to-Trails Programs Outsider 03-15-2014 - 14:48
  Re: Supreme Court Deals Massive Blow To Rails-to-Trails Programs Pine Junction 03-15-2014 - 20:23
  I'll rtake OPB's take over yawn's passing as facts? BOB2 03-16-2014 - 16:32
  Re: I'll rtake OPB's take over yawn's passing as facts? BOB R 03-16-2014 - 17:10
  Re:Bob R My Redneck Friend.... BOB2 03-16-2014 - 17:38
  Re: I'll rtake OPB's take over yawn's passing as facts? mook 03-16-2014 - 17:37

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com