Re: To Glen Icanberry
Author: Glen Icanberry
Date: 11-26-2006 - 18:13

To Matt K and Steven D. Johnson,

Thank you for the compliments. I would highly recommend Lee Gustafson and Phil Serpico's book Coast Lines Depots Valley Division. It is still available, and has updated and more inclusive Valley Division history. Lee and Phil were furnished with much material that was not available when Valley Division Vignettes was assembled. I am sorry to say that lots of errors, many of them preventable, crept into Valley Division Vignettes. Despite this, I kept on collecting materials, after the book was published, which were then shared with Lee and Phil, for use in their book. The more up to date and correct the better, in my humble opinion. Lee and Phil's book is not just about depots as the title implies, although finding depot information and photos was the original focus. Lee and Phil's book has better overall Valley Division history, along with detailed history, such as the origin of station names, and facilities.

For those who can make it to the two Orange Empire Railway Museum Railroadiana Swap Meets (March 3rd), or The California Express in Buena Park, (Feb 11th), Phil and Lee will be there to autograph books and usually have a special show price on their books. I should state that I have no financial interest in the sales of their books. They are just good people, and they both knew Rob Carlson!

If you can find Valley Division Vignettes please only buy the first edition with TWO authors, which was published before the Kriepers decided to rip me off. In 1988 the Kriepers secretly reprinted the second edition, exactly the same, but with my name removed, as an author. Despite what the copyright notice says, in both editions of the book, I have the original copyright from the Library of Congress in my possession which shows TWO authors.

Coast Lines Depots, Valley Division is available from:

[www.omnirr.com]

Also:

[www.mcmillanpublications.com]

Glen Icanberry
Redlands, CA

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  To Glen Icanberry Matt K 11-21-2006 - 07:31
  Re: To Glen Icanberry Steven D. Johnson 11-25-2006 - 22:42
  Re: To Glen Icanberry Glen Icanberry 11-26-2006 - 18:13
  Re: To Glen Icanberry CWLee 11-26-2006 - 19:58
  Re: To Glen Icanberry Steven D. Johnson 11-26-2006 - 21:00
  Re: To Glen Icanberry John Sweetser 11-28-2006 - 10:26
  Re: To Glen Icanberry VC Conductor 12-19-2016 - 09:53
  Re: To Glen Icanberry Brian Jennison 11-30-2006 - 12:48
  Re: To Glen Icanberry Mike Lepker 12-20-2006 - 10:01
  Re: To Glen Icanberry Mainline 12-25-2006 - 12:14
  Re: To Glen Icanberry Mark Landis 02-04-2008 - 21:32
  Re: To Glen Icanberry JIm Blain 03-28-2011 - 08:26

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com