>
> WP used Lunar at Flanagan for w/b SP trains to
> enter the Modoc Line.
>
> I know SP used a flashing White light for s/b
> trains on the Shasta Line near Azalea, north of
> Dunsmuir, so there is a difference between White
> and Lunar. I don't know if that light is still
> there, at the end of the two sidings, now 2 MT.
>
> It's just that Yellow over Lunar seems confusing.
> Red over Lunar would make sense to me. I do
> recall someone saying that on the old BN, Yellow
> over Lunar was the same as Yellow over flashing
> Red.
I never saw a lunar signal on the WP, but I can only speak for territory from Oroville west. At places where diverging from the main included a likelihood of occupied track (such as Fremont, South Sacramento, Marysville, Oroville (but oddly, not Stockton))you would get a red-over-flashing red. A diverging signal into an unbonded siding would be red-over-yellow (could be occupied), while a bonded siding would be red-over-flashing yellow if unoccupied or red-over-yellow if occupied. The only bonded siding west of Oroville was at Tracy.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Helena East - Not to be confused with East Helena Pdxrailtransit 05-06-2015 - 10:37
  Re: Helena East - Not to be confused with East Helena Goober 05-06-2015 - 20:49
  Re: Helena East - Not to be confused with East Helena Jon 05-06-2015 - 21:08
  Re: Helena East - Not to be confused with East Helena George Andrews 05-06-2015 - 21:40
  Re: Helena East - Not to be confused with East Helena Jon 05-06-2015 - 23:15
  Re: Helena East - Not to be confused with East Helena Chris Walker 05-07-2015 - 00:22
  Re: Helena East - Not to be confused with East Helena Drew Wilson 05-07-2015 - 08:56
  Re: Helena East - Not to be confused with East Helena Chris Walker 05-07-2015 - 15:36
  Re: Helena East - Not to be confused with East Helena Craig Tambo 05-07-2015 - 22:10
  Re: Helena East - Not to be confused with East Helena Uncle Dave 05-08-2015 - 08:41
  Re: Helena East - Not to be confused with East Helena Chris walker 05-08-2015 - 23:18
  Re: Helena East - Not to be confused with East Helena Uncle Dave 05-09-2015 - 06:52
  Re: Helena East - Not to be confused with East Helena Chris walker 05-09-2015 - 20:14
  Re: Helena East - Not to be confused with East Helena Uncle Dave 05-07-2015 - 10:10
  Re: Helena East - Not to be confused with East Helena Pdxrailtransit 05-07-2015 - 10:14

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com