Re: Infrastructure Improvements - Alameda Corridor - East
Author: BOB2
Date: 08-10-2015 - 11:28

I believe that there are still several warehouses with sidings that receive cars near Cal Poly. I think that there is also another warehouse down past the old "pig farm" that were built within the last dozen or so years with a siding. I suspect that they will use it for storage and for trains entering/leaving, or making set outs at Industry (not technically "through" trains...?).

Of the two SGV Council of "Gubmint's" two "subordinate" agencies (Gold Line Authority and ACE), it has been my experience that GL is more on top of the "un-expected" things (like the myriad of share infrastructure within RR ROW) requiring "due diligence". It should be noted that the GL authority came from State Legislation passed to build the first phase, not the COG, and the GL Authority has a longer history of more effective project delivery.

To be fair, there is much more of this kind of infrastructure along and in the UP ROW at this location than along the 2nd District, but this is not an uncommon occurrence, that ACE seems to have had difficulty dealing with. This has more often resulted in unnecessary delays and more of those infamous "change orders" to the contractors, which, of course, raises project costs for us taxpayers.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Infrastructure Improvements - Alameda Corridor - East J 08-07-2015 - 05:36
  Re: Infrastructure Improvements - Alameda Corridor - East Taxpayer 08-07-2015 - 08:23
  Re: Infrastructure Improvements - Alameda Corridor - East Hogger 08-07-2015 - 08:41
  Re: Infrastructure Improvements - Alameda Corridor - East Hogger 08-07-2015 - 09:00
  Re: Infrastructure Improvements - Alameda Corridor - East RFM 08-09-2015 - 12:17
  Re: Infrastructure Improvements - Alameda Corridor - East Joe Magruder 08-09-2015 - 21:25
  Re: Infrastructure Improvements - Alameda Corridor - East Taxpayer 08-10-2015 - 08:08
  Re: Infrastructure Improvements - Alameda Corridor - East BOB2 08-10-2015 - 11:28
  Re: Infrastructure Improvements - Alameda Corridor - East mook 08-10-2015 - 15:18
  Re: Infrastructure Improvements - Alameda Corridor - East BOB2 08-10-2015 - 17:15
  Re: Infrastructure Improvements - Alameda Corridor - East mook 08-10-2015 - 18:04

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com