Re: NCRA-SMART & the Arnolds, Marin IJ Letter to Ed.
Author: Mike Pechner
Date: 05-02-2008 - 23:20

XX I have no idea who you are and how close to all of this you are, but I'll tell you one thing about the freight train frequency problem that Marin and Novato cleverly plucked out the HIGHEST
number of trains THAT may occur years from now when traffic grows with the re-opening of the railroad to Island Mtn. No one knows how soon that might happen because of a number of circumstances beyond the control of NWP and the NCRA. I have heard BUT not seen figures of 16 to 32 trains a day. If the line were open to Eureka tomorrow, even that number would be somewhere down the road. Novato tried to scare everyone with the worst case scenario by quoting a figure that is unrealistic in the short term. The way I see, SMART is a cooked goose, the Novato Suit looses, the TRO is vacated and NCRA runs freights and SMART is defeated at the ballot box in November.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  NCRA-SMART & the Arnolds, Marin IJ Letter to Ed. Mike Pechner 05-02-2008 - 13:56
  Re: NCRA-SMART & the Arnolds, Marin IJ Letter to Ed. Scott Schiechl 05-02-2008 - 14:39
  Re: NCRA-SMART & the Arnolds, Marin IJ Letter to Ed. XX 05-02-2008 - 14:53
  Re: NCRA-SMART & the Arnolds, Marin IJ Letter to Ed. Barry 05-02-2008 - 15:09
  Re: NCRA-SMART & the Arnolds, Marin IJ Letter to Ed. Mike Pechner 05-02-2008 - 20:18
  Re: NCRA-SMART & the Arnolds, Marin IJ Letter to Ed. XX 05-02-2008 - 22:59
  Re: NCRA-SMART & the Arnolds, Marin IJ Letter to Ed. Mike Pechner 05-02-2008 - 23:20
  Re: NCRA-SMART & the Arnolds, Marin IJ Letter to Ed. Barry 05-03-2008 - 07:58

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com