Re: Hey Bruce Kelly - best railside motel in Spok - CDA area?
Author: hepkema
Date: 05-23-2008 - 09:26

There are 3 motels inside the curve at Latah Jct but I can't make a recommendation since we only stayed at one of them 16 years ago before we moved here. One looks kind of trashy now, but at least one of the others looks nice.

Ritzville has a mom-and-pop place on the old main road next to the tracks. I only drive by and have never looked inside. Sprague has 2 motels a block from the tracks. The Purple Sage might not have a track view but the Sprague Motel on the east end of town should. Neither are 5-star--but remember that you are in Sprague, WA. The Sprague is not "downtown" and has an attached RV park. I have never been in one of the rooms at the Willow in Cheney (I think that'as what it's called), so I don't know if there is a good view. Rathdrum doesn't have anything trackside. On the east side of Spokane, there is a place on Trent Ave but I don't know if it's a place that has "hourly rates" or not. If you like upscale, there is a La Quinta on Sullivan Road near Trent and the funnel that should have track-view rooms. The tracks will be about 200-300 yards away.

When I was editing Flimsies Northwest, I was sent a note by a doentown Spokane motel who wanted to market some of their rooms as "railfan rooms". I never took them up on their offer of a comp. stay to check it out. It changed ownership a couple of years ago and I'll have to check out what the name is now. It is right next to the elevated viaduct.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Hey Bruce Kelly - best railside motel in Spok - CDA area? Dave Smith 05-22-2008 - 18:32
  Re: Hey Bruce Kelly - best railside motel in Spok - CDA area? Kenn 05-22-2008 - 20:07
  Re: Hey Bruce Kelly - best railside motel in Spok - CDA area? hepkema 05-23-2008 - 09:26
  Re: Hey Bruce Kelly - best railside motel in Spok - CDA area? Mic Dundee 05-23-2008 - 10:14
  Re: Hey Bruce Kelly - best railside motel in Spok - CDA area? Bruce Kelly 05-23-2008 - 10:25
  Re: Hey Bruce Kelly - best railside motel in Spok - CDA area? mark 05-23-2008 - 19:30
  Re: Hey Bruce Kelly - best railside motel in Spok - CDA area? S.L. Murray 05-24-2008 - 12:37
  Re: Hey Bruce Kelly - best railside motel in Spok - CDA area? phat phomar 05-23-2008 - 23:03
  Re: Hey Bruce Kelly - best railside motel in Spok - CDA area? Dave Smith 05-24-2008 - 13:46

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com