Re: High-speed rail critics question the first route segment, which will end in an almond orchard
Author: R Ruiz
Date: 08-31-2016 - 12:48

I'd like to point out that BOB2's tune, while previously skeptical of CHSRA, changed to outrage once they changed their first phase to terminate in the Bay Area, depriving Southern California of a more immediate benefit.

Maybe if the folks down south had actually built enough political consensus around a routing that came anywhere close to estimates, this would not have happened.

I remain skeptical myself, and I see many problems with the project, not least of which is the entire route from Bakersfield to LAUS and San Diego (why a spur to Anaheim and not just keep going?), but I think we've waited long enough. While I am still worried that this project will drive more urban sprawl in the Central Valley, I am beginning to believe it might actually have a stronger impact on the struggling downtown therein. I am hopeful HSR will help spread America's urban renaissance to these places.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  High-speed rail critics question the first route segment, which will end in an almond orchard News at Noon 08-30-2016 - 11:07
  Re: High-speed rail critics question the first route segment, which will end in an almond orchard Edward 08-30-2016 - 11:47
  Re: High-speed rail critics question the first route segment, which will end in an almond orchard Transportation Planner 08-30-2016 - 11:53
  Re: High-speed rail critics question the first route segment, which will end in an almond orchard Ernest H. Robl 08-30-2016 - 12:54
  Re: High-speed rail critics question the first route segment, which will end in an almond orchard BOB2 08-30-2016 - 14:04
  Re: High-speed rail critics question the first route segment, which will end in an almond orchard Max Wyss 08-30-2016 - 15:10
  Re: High-speed rail critics question the first route segment, which will end in an almond orchard Ed Workman 08-30-2016 - 15:45
  Re: High-speed rail critics question the first route segment, which will end in an almond orchard An Observer 08-30-2016 - 17:40
  Re: High-speed rail critics question the first route segment, which will end in an almond orchard Edward 08-30-2016 - 22:33
  Re: High-speed rail critics question the first route segment, which will end in an almond orchard R Ruiz 08-31-2016 - 12:48
  Re: High-speed rail critic involved in heinous conspiracy to tell the truth? BOB2 08-31-2016 - 13:59

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com