Re: Hey W&I, a bunch of questions for you.
Author: hepkema
Date: 07-03-2008 - 22:09

I can answer the last question. The State is funding the rehab in equal amounts going to the CW, P&L, and PV/Hooper lines. 2008 will get the project started with prioritized items being done first. 2009 projects are currently being prioritized in order to get things going earlier next year. The work will NOT make the lines into super mainlines--just attempt to make a dent in some of the deferred maintenance in the worst areas. The Geiger Spur is a completely different animal because it is a project jointly overseen in varying amounts by WSDOT, Spokane County, and the Spokane County Economic Development Council and involves new construction. Grading is currently taking place on the far south end at the new CW (EWG) connection. Downtown Palouse was a WSDOT/City of Palouse project that involved replacing 2 blocks of horribly decrepit in-street trackage. The ties came out of the area in chunks and dust to be replaced with concrete, the old rail with CWR, and the asphalt with a rubber interface crossing surface.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Hey W&I, a bunch of questions for you. Rick Lee 07-03-2008 - 14:15
  Re: Hey W&I, a bunch of questions for you. hepkema 07-03-2008 - 22:09
  Geiger Spur Butler 07-03-2008 - 22:46
  Re: Geiger Spur Bob Wilson 07-06-2008 - 17:56
  Re: Geiger Spur hepkema 07-06-2008 - 22:05
  Re: Hey W&I, a bunch of questions for you. Great questions! Bob Wilson 07-06-2008 - 17:57
  W & I Answers Stan Patterson 07-06-2008 - 18:27
  Re: Hey W&I, a bunch of questions for you. Rick Lee 07-07-2008 - 17:25
  Re: Hey W&I, a bunch of questions for you. e 07-08-2008 - 05:36
  Answers Stan Patterson 07-08-2008 - 12:09

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com