Re: Bertha’s breakthrough not that all off topic, if you want the world to work for our grandkids.....
Author: BOB2
Date: 07-17-2017 - 19:41

Actually building a bored set of double tunnels under Sylmar Mountain, from the end of the 118 to the 14 just past Lang, with a three highway lanes each way, and on the second level, the HSR, aqueduct, and utilities on the bottom half, financed entirely by road tolls is financially feasible, and is even profitable, a perfect candidate for a profitable private sector investment in our deteriorating "infrastructure", easily financed with motorist tolls, and fees per train mile, with a 50 year franchise agreement.

Then you would have a rail route from Palmdale to access LAUPT, in under an hour for extended LOSSAN and Metrolink services, and having bypassed Santa Clarita, which would potentially be capable of achieving a 3;15 minute non-stop travel time from LAUPT to Las Vegas.

Now, I know the usual nutjobs, trolls, and whackos will respond that I am the ultimate toady and schill of those evil developers, and of the usual line of horsecrap they like to spew. But, just imagine actually doing something to improve transportation efficiency on congested corridors....like when we were kids and our grandparents built the interstates and aqueducts for us..... Oh well, that's just stupid ignorant me.....?

Unfortunately, the LACMTA, at the behest of an army of Nimby's just tossed the 710 tunnel, which was the number one traffic congestion relief and transportation greenhouse emissions reduction transportation project in the region. Also, very easily financed with tolls on those "choosing" to use it, even at the hefty $4.5 billion dollar cost.

It seems that "evil" tunnels, in elitist communities like Pasadena, and South Pasadena are a lot like "evil" Thomas, or that "evil" SMART up in Marin, when it comes to the mindset of these neo Luddite elitist fools.

We used to be capable of great things, but the ignorance and superstition, spread by polarized nitwits, kind of like some of these trolls on Altamont, to pander to the emotions of the mob psychology, which presently prevents us from considering these innovative alternatives.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Bertha’s breakthrough just ‘halftime’ for tunnel project The Odd Duck 07-15-2017 - 20:54
  Re: Bertha’s breakthrough just ‘halftime’ for tunnel project Old news 07-16-2017 - 13:49
  Re: Bertha’s breakthrough just ‘halftime’ for tunnel project Skip391 07-16-2017 - 14:54
  Re: Bertha’s breakthrough just ‘halftime’ for tunnel project jst3751 07-17-2017 - 00:53
  Re: Bertha’s breakthrough just ‘halftime’ for tunnel project The Odd Duck 07-17-2017 - 16:13
  Re: Bertha’s breakthrough just ‘halftime’ for tunnel project espee2472 07-17-2017 - 17:49
  Re: Bertha’s breakthrough not that all off topic, if you want the world to work for our grandkids..... BOB2 07-17-2017 - 19:41
  Re: Bertha’s breakthrough not that all off topic, if you want the world to work for our grandkids..... synonymouse 07-17-2017 - 20:38
  Re: As I said. I expect the usual response from the usual nutjobs BOB2 07-17-2017 - 20:57
  Re: As I said. I expect the usual response from the usual nutjobs synonymouse 07-17-2017 - 22:45
  Re: As I said. I expect the usual response from the usual nutjobs Commenter 07-17-2017 - 22:45
  Re: As I said. I expect the usual response from the usual nutjobs synonymouse 07-17-2017 - 22:58
  Re: Bertha’s breakthrough not that all off topic, if you want the world to work for our grandkids..... :o 07-19-2017 - 12:48
  And speaking of trolls :) Commenter 07-19-2017 - 21:44
  Re: Bertha’s breakthrough just ‘halftime’ for tunnel project Walt 07-17-2017 - 05:45
  Re: Bertha’s breakthrough just ‘halftime’ for tunnel project George Andrews 07-17-2017 - 20:00
  Re: Bertha’s breakthrough just ‘halftime’ for tunnel project Eastsider blues 07-18-2017 - 19:27
  Re: Bertha’s breakthrough just ‘halftime’ for tunnel project George Andrews 07-18-2017 - 20:39

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com