Re: Reply to BOB2 -- HSR, air travel, etc. WOW?
Author: BOB2
Date: 08-19-2017 - 09:30

You really are quite an interesting responder. The Pacific gyre, global warming, the use of GA airports, the evil mass starvation, all obviously my fault, right?

I favor a well planned system of rail passenger service with affordable highs speed components (yes, like say the maximum 140 mph range system for LA-LV, or the 125 mph. maximum speed system being built in Florida) and you seem to argue that this is somehow part of my evil agenda to starve billions of innocents worldwide?

So if any kind of HSR system were to take even an inch of farmland, or as much as 150 foot strip of right of way to do any of it, it will be the cause mass starvation?

Okay.....?

So, if I only use freeway medians or parallel existing RR ROW, or improve the tracks and systems we already own, like much of LOSSAN, would that be okay with your apparent sense of indignation over my obvious plan to intentionally starve to death the suffering (and increasingly obese?) masses, to build an affordable HSR rail passenger alternative?

Or, by doing that will I also be an evil person still promoting mass starvation, perhaps, by delaying trucks full of food from getting to market, during the construction of such an evil HSR system?

Your arguments with me appear to be just bizarre and oppositional, certainly not rational.

LAX is actually expanding passenger capacity everyday, when larger aircraft roll of off manufacturers assembly lines and are put into service, which is why we are about to spend $5 billion on LAX improvements, with a significant chunk going to improved ground access.

It is clear that you don't appear to know much of anything about intrastate air travel demand. Is LAX at "capacity" as you claim? Will additional intrastate air travel require jets to land at GA airports like San Carlos or Van Nuys, as you claim, in order to pander to Nimby ignorance and emotions? Or will they just land more planes at Ontario or Bob Hope, which both have lost significant service levels over the last twenty years, using quieter and much more efficient new 737's?

It is also clear by your bizarre rant that you know nothing about the various high speed alternative technologies used around the world, the tradeoffs, benefits, or costs.

What is clear to me now, is that you are an expert on the spreading of Nimby pandering lies and pure bull$hit (it will make the Pacific gyre worse, it will somehow promote global warming, it will require the use of GA airports, people who bought homes (now soundproofed at hundreds of millions in taxpayer funds) will have their lives ruined, the taking of any farmland whatsoever will cause mass starvation...) to make your bizarre case.

Since I argue that there are more affordable and realistic rail passenger alternatives and technology options to do an HSR alternative, that might save millions of Californian's millions of hours of delay and lost productivity, who are now stuck in our most congested corridors, then by your "logic", I must surely be promoting a vast evil conspiracy to murder millions, and destroy our planet, right?

So, I really do have to ask, after reading your most enlightening posts, did you take your medication today?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  New plan to reopen the Dumbarton line OPRRMS 08-17-2017 - 13:45
  Re: New plan to reopen the Dumbarton line BOB2 08-17-2017 - 14:49
  Re: New plan to reopen the Dumbarton line Cprr 08-17-2017 - 16:33
  Re: New plan to reopen the Dumbarton line stash 08-17-2017 - 17:14
  Re: east swing span? Tim 08-18-2017 - 11:30
  Re: east swing span? HUTCH 7.62 08-18-2017 - 12:44
  Re: New plan to reopen the Dumbarton line Carol L Voss 08-17-2017 - 20:27
  Re: New plan to reopen the Dumbarton line A Railfan 08-17-2017 - 17:27
  Re: New plan to reopen the Dumbarton line BOB2 08-17-2017 - 17:54
  Re: New plan to reopen the Dumbarton line Graham Buxton 08-17-2017 - 18:00
  Re: New plan to reopen the Dumbarton line HUTCH 7.62 08-17-2017 - 18:21
  Re: New plan to reopen the Dumbarton line BOB2 08-17-2017 - 18:44
  Re: New plan to reopen the Dumbarton line Graham Buxton 08-17-2017 - 19:47
  Re: New plan to reopen the Dumbarton line stash 08-17-2017 - 20:26
  Re: New plan to reopen the Dumbarton line curious II 08-17-2017 - 21:49
  Re: New plan to reopen the Dumbarton line BOB2 08-17-2017 - 22:25
  Re: New plan to reopen the Dumbarton line synonymouse 08-17-2017 - 22:37
  Re: New plan to reopen the Dumbarton line Margaret (SP fan) 08-17-2017 - 23:52
  Re: Yes Margaret it does include those airports ......and more BOB2 08-18-2017 - 07:20
  Re: Yes Margaret it does include those airports ......and more ex local 08-18-2017 - 18:44
  Reply to BOB2 -- HSR, air travel, etc. Margaret (SP fan) 08-19-2017 - 02:25
  Re: Reply to BOB2 -- HSR, air travel, etc. synonymouse 08-19-2017 - 08:35
  Re: Reply to BOB2 -- HSR, air travel, etc. WOW? BOB2 08-19-2017 - 09:30

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com