Re: What's it I don't get right about how private property and free market capitalism works...?
Author: BOB2
Date: 03-25-2019 - 17:39

Foamers are whining, because the UP chose to spend "their" money on "their" 4014 project, and have decided not, at least for now, for whatever reason, to spend and/or prioritize using "their" companies money on the 3985. And, I'm all wet about that how exactly?

I don't know if some of you missed the memo, but the last time I checked the UP is a publicly traded privately owned company, which is supposed to be managed in the interest of the stockholders. So, under that system, since it's their money, not yours. It's their stockholders who own the company who have the say, and the Board they choose, and the management they have chosen, that get to choose which engine to spend resources on, Or even (and yes it would be terrible) choose to spend nothing at all.

If you don't like this current arrangement, then you can buy enough UP shares, or convince a majority of the UP stockholders, and/or Board, to tell the management to do what you want them to do about this issue. And, with enough UP shares and votes on the Board, you could even tell the management to replace the entire diesel fleet with steamies, if you wanted.

And, of course, if you still don't like the current arrangement, you can always sound the clarion call for the masses to rise up in revolution...(in the name of the steamies?). And, you can overthrow the current arrangement....and after the "revolution" has replaced the old regime, you could seize the UP, in the name of the "people" (who are now not getting those dividend checks on that stock anymore, that they bought for their 401K's), or in this case the masses of whining foamers, and force them to whatever you want.

Now, we all know that just ain't gonna happen because whining foamers don't like UP's priorities, in a world where people actually expect their management to make a profit from their investments. like so they can write you that dividend check on you were expecting. So, I just can't hardly stand waiting for the "revolution" to come, in the by and by in the sky, and finally set the UP straight.

So, given that set of choices, back down here on planet Earth, where I live, when I see a company like UP, whatever its other faults, foibles, or failings, real or imagined, shell out that kind of moola, for something like this..... as I said previously, just maybe a simple thank you would do.....

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  What's going to happen when........ B6sa 03-24-2019 - 17:18
  Re: What's going to happen when...." you accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative.... BOB2 03-24-2019 - 18:12
  Re: What's going to happen when...." you accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative.... G. Poindexter 03-25-2019 - 15:35
  Re: What's it I don't get right about how private property and free market capitalism works...? BOB2 03-25-2019 - 17:39
  Re: What's it I don't get right about how private property and free market capitalism works...? Mt 03-25-2019 - 20:07
  Re: I rely more on the math of the hypebola, than on the hyperbole, to get real answers... BOB2 03-26-2019 - 09:19
  Re: What's going to happen when........ Fan of North Star railroads 03-24-2019 - 18:44
  Re: What's going to happen when........ ron 03-25-2019 - 08:57

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com