Re: ACE North To Chico? I prefer to use knowledge we actually have to make sure these are designed to be effective and efficient before we spend the half a billion or so....
Author: John
Date: 02-09-2023 - 21:26

THis isn't new in the sense that the various joint powers boards that have a hand in ACE (and the San Joaquins for that matter)along with Butte have had this as a stretch goal on their websites for some time.
Frankly, I'd like to see ACE make it to Natomas first before we get too excited for this.

And that ACE train has challenges. Like, a Midtown station instead of using Sacramento Valley station is Not the worst, but certainly makes things less ideal. But there's just no way to get into the station from the south and no plausible way to make it happen.

I also agree I'd like to see the Roseville expansion happen.
And that also creates another conundrum for this train. The former WP between Marysville and Sac is very much underutilized, so it has the capacity for this service, but the reality is that an intermediate stop at Roseville and possibly Lincoln via the valley sub might be more compelling.

I don't know. I like all the options I see on the horizon, but I'll believe them when I see construction.

On a separate note the "competing" trains between Sac and Stockton on separate routes at first made me question what these folks were even thinking....Then I thought about Growing up in the NEar Suburbs of Chicago and how this was really no different than Metra on the CNW and MEtra on the Milwaukee. TO me in River Forest near Thatcher and North. They were close to equal distance. This is in some sense the same.

John

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  ACE North To Chico? BOB2 02-09-2023 - 10:09
  Re: ACE North To Chico? david vartanoff 02-09-2023 - 11:35
  Re: ACE North To Chico? I prefer to use knowledge we actually have to make sure these are designed to be effective and efficient before we spend the half a billion or so.... BOB 02-09-2023 - 13:08
  Re: ACE North To Chico? I prefer to use knowledge we actually have to make sure these are designed to be effective and efficient before we spend the half a billion or so.... FUD 02-09-2023 - 14:26
  Re: ACE North To Chico? I prefer to use knowledge we actually have to make sure these are designed to be effective and efficient before we spend the half a billion or so.... John 02-09-2023 - 21:26
  Re: ACE North To Chico? Mistertower 02-09-2023 - 17:11
  Re: ACE North To Chico? FUD 02-10-2023 - 08:03
  Re: ACE North To Chico? Dr Zarkoff 02-10-2023 - 12:08
  Re: ACE North To Chico? Mistertower 02-10-2023 - 18:43
  Re: ACE North To Chico? Dr Zarkoff 02-10-2023 - 22:24

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com