Re: Sure, why not? LMAO.... We can't even keep LOSSAN open....
Author: BOB2
Date: 02-07-2024 - 10:36

Folks post some of these to ask real questions, and the short to the point answer "laff trak" posted is good enough for the transporation planning classes I taught at USC to get a passing grade on his clear understanding of travel behavior and economics... He gets the basics and they explain why quite well what is wrong with that corridor.

There is no market viable investment from LA to PHX, or LV to PHX, given the likely costs and travel time tradeoffs for any likely private investment scenario to pencil out. And I would rate these two corridors as relatively low priority corridors from a "public sector" cost benefit calculation... At least when compared to the 100 or so other corridors/projects that could potentially be profitable, or have a much higher cost/benefit ratio for public benefits...

Of course, when I read this kind of trainfan 101 "what if" speculative dreaming, I can't help but laughing...

Because, as of today, the second busiest intercity rail passenger corridor in the US, paralleling the most congested intercity Interstate Highway corridor in the US, is closed indefinitely. All because we can't even find the proper resources necessary to keep the 1887, single tracked, 25 mph. rail line, that is serving America's second busiest intercity rail corridor, open when it rains...

When I see some of the rail advocacy groups, or some of these new urbanist "wannabee's", or even some of these public agencies, wasting a lot of time, resources, and credibility on these kind of rail "priorities", I just cry, and shake my head in disbelief...

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Brightline to AZ - next phase? ? 02-06-2024 - 20:39
  Re: Brightline to AZ - next phase? ? 02-06-2024 - 20:49
  Sure, why not? Pepe 02-06-2024 - 22:32
  Re: Sure, why not? laff trak 02-07-2024 - 08:00
  Re: Sure, why not? Mayor of Yermo 02-07-2024 - 09:33
  Re: Sure, why not? laff trak 02-07-2024 - 09:53
  Laughable for sure, Stewie wants a 4-mile tunnel under Wickenburg, thinks unicorns poop out money to pay for it Whatever 02-07-2024 - 10:15
  Re: Sure, why not? LMAO.... We can't even keep LOSSAN open.... BOB2 02-07-2024 - 10:36
  So hsr is good for "up to 400-500 miles" but LA-Phx is too far at 372 miles? Fullerton at 356 miles? Riverside at 320 miles? LA-Palm Springs not an intermediate market? Upon further review 02-07-2024 - 20:22
  Re: So hsr is good for "up to 400-500 miles" but LA-Phx is too far at 372 miles? Fullerton at 356 miles? Riverside at 320 miles? LA-Palm Springs not an intermediate market? laff trak 02-08-2024 - 12:18
  So Brightline Vegas is estimated at $12 billion, but you claim Inland Empire-PHX would be $100 billion to build? U sure bout that? 02-10-2024 - 17:24

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com