Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding.
Author: Matt Farnsworth
Date: 09-06-2009 - 12:30

E Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Commuter rail service?? For a city of 23,000???
> I don't care who you are, that's funny right
> there.

You only say that because you don't live here. The number of people going between Moscow and Pullman daily is enough to require a four lane divided highway, in a region of two lane roads. Ok sure, a commuter train between Moscow and Pullman doesn't make sense... NOW. However, remember that both UI and WSU are college towns that have football teams. There are quite the number of people that come into towns for FB games, mostly from Spokane. If you have ever tried to drive 195 on a game day you'll know why a commuter train from Spokane to the college towns, at least on game days, would make sense. Even on a normal day that road can barely handle the traffic, there is hardly any chance to pass slower traffic because of the constant flow of opposing traffic. I have personally met a couple of people from both towns that think a commuter train Spokane to the college towns NOW is a good idea.
Also, Moscow may only be a city of 23,000, but what will it be in 5 years? 10 Years? 20-30 years? Is planning for potential future needs of the city really that funny? Perhaps that's why some city's are so messed up now, because future city planning is funny.
Matt
Moscow

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. Throttle Hog 09-04-2009 - 17:57
  Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. Matt Farnsworth 09-04-2009 - 21:35
  Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. Dilbert 09-05-2009 - 07:15
  Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. Matt Farnsworth 09-05-2009 - 10:13
  Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. Wes Victor 09-05-2009 - 14:37
  Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. E 09-05-2009 - 19:18
  Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. Matt Farnsworth 09-06-2009 - 12:30
  Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. E 09-06-2009 - 12:48
  Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. Christian J. Goepel 09-06-2009 - 14:48
  Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. E 09-06-2009 - 15:20
  Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. Rich Hunn 09-06-2009 - 17:39
  Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. sp_redelectric 09-06-2009 - 20:21
  Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. Matt Farnsworth 09-06-2009 - 21:44
  Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. sp_redelectric 09-07-2009 - 16:29
  Re: More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. Dave Smith 09-07-2009 - 19:10
  Re:Passenger service report 9/8/09 More PCC, W&I, EWG news--Grant application, abandonment hearing, trail expanding. Dilbert 09-09-2009 - 09:08

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com