Re: Safety Testing Does Matter
Author: OldPoleBurner
Date: 12-13-2009 - 16:57

Very Often, firing the guy who just made a big booboo, is the stupidest thing you can do.

Yeah, I know that sounds counter-intuitive; but that is most often the very same guy who has just learned a big-time lesson; the very lesson Bob2 is talking about; the very same lesson you hope to is instilled in all your employees.

Now if you sack him, his replacement has probably not had a chance to learn - may have never even heard of it. So now you start off back at square one, with an unknown untrained quantity. Future safety thus may well have gone backwards!

Of course, if he is unrepentant and does not actually learn; or otherwise exhibits a faulty attitude, and resists the needed attitude adjustment - then you have no choice but to cut your losses and let 'im go.

It is definitely a judgment call. And second guessing someone else's judgment call when you are not in possession of the same detailed facts, is difficult as best - pure bias and bigotry at worst.

Besides, slaughtering a scapegoat never solves a thing; usually makes things worse, actually.

OPB

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Metrolink CEO to Step Down John Bruce 12-12-2009 - 13:36
  Demoted To A Less Stressful Position For Probably The Same Salary Eugene Salinsky 12-12-2009 - 14:15
  Re: Demoted To A Less Stressful Position For Probably The Same Salary OldPoleBurner 12-12-2009 - 15:01
  Re: Demoted To A Less Stressful Position For Probably The Same Salary OldPoleBurner 12-12-2009 - 15:19
  Re: Demoted To A Less Stressful Position For Probably The Same Salary Peter Warner 12-12-2009 - 15:35
  Yep. I Was Right. Surprise. Surprise. Eugene Salinsky 12-12-2009 - 16:27
  Re: Yep. I Was Right. Surprise. Surprise. BOB2 12-13-2009 - 08:18
  Re: Yep. I Was Right. Surprise. Surprise. John Bruce 12-13-2009 - 08:50
  Re: Safety Testing Does Matter BOB2 12-13-2009 - 10:32
  Re: Safety Testing Does Matter John Bruce 12-13-2009 - 13:58
  Re: Safety Testing Does Matter OldPoleBurner 12-13-2009 - 16:57
  Re: Safety Testing Does Matter John Bruce 12-14-2009 - 08:02

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com