Re: CP in Southeast BC
Author: almo
Date: 02-17-2010 - 00:09

I live about halfway between the border and the venues, and no difference to traffic levels going to, and from the USA. Eastern BC should be no problem with borders. The ones that are open on a limited schedule have extended hours, but I'm not sure if it applies to eastern POE.

The line North of Cranbrook to Golden has the most traffic, as the UP interchange and coal trains together increase the density. It's not extremely interesting, as the line hugs the valley, and grades are not like the connecting segments. Fort Steele is most picturesque in my eyes. Look for Buckman Road - It ends up at the center of a wye, and you can see it all.

Golden is the place you want to have as headquarters for a few days. Head West one day, and East the next. You will not be dissapointed...

Another good place asides from railfanning is to visit Creston. The Kokanee brewery there is always worth a visit, but I haven't been down there for a long time.

almo

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  CP in Southeast BC Justin Franz 02-15-2010 - 16:53
  Re: CP in Southeast BC danoh 02-15-2010 - 20:15
  Re: CP in Southeast BC George Andrews 02-15-2010 - 20:34
  Re: CP in Southeast BC Bruce Kelly 02-16-2010 - 06:21
  Re: CP in Southeast BC almo 02-17-2010 - 00:09
  Re: CP in Southeast BC J.B.Bane 02-17-2010 - 18:46
  Re: CP in Southeast BC Steve Eshom 02-16-2010 - 14:49

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com