PC once meant Penn Central
Author: Coal Slaw
Date: 02-24-2011 - 20:51

Hey there, Mr. "Not PC" - so you don't think you depend on the government, eh? Who builds and maintains roads so you can get to work and other places you need to go? Who maintains water and sewer lines and who works to monitor and protect water supplies for pollution? Who inspects restaurants and food so you don't die prematurely from food poisoning?

As to your comment about we should never rely on the government, I would counter that we should never rely on private companies either. A great example is the Penn Central railroad and several other northeastern railroads - shippers and receivers users could not rely on them and there was a serious question as to whether they would remain viable. The government's creation of Conrail was the best thing that ever happened to northeastern railroads and many rail users. Now the Conrail network back in the private sector, but I seriously doubt that CSX and NS would have fiercly fought each other over whom should buy Conrail if it wasn't in such great shape thanks to the government.

I would tell you to go to your local bookstore and buy a book about the history of northeastern railroads dating back to the 1960s and the creation of Conrail, but bookstores are closing all over the country. Instead I'll have to recommend that you go to the public library and borrow such a book.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Amtrak stops March 4? mrek 02-23-2011 - 11:54
  Re: Amtrak stops March 4? douglasm 02-23-2011 - 14:40
  Re: Amtrak stops March 4? alfred Doten 02-23-2011 - 16:46
  Re: Amtrak stops March 4? UP Signal Guy 02-23-2011 - 18:39
  Re: Amtrak stops March 4? LPNGANDY 02-24-2011 - 09:12
  Re: Amtrak stops March 4? Not PC 02-24-2011 - 10:35
  Re: Amtrak stops March 4?Not PC Berg 02-24-2011 - 20:29
  PC once meant Penn Central Coal Slaw 02-24-2011 - 20:51

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com