Re: SMART may pay NWP Co to NOT Operate
Author: Realist foamer
Date: 07-14-2011 - 23:32

Two answers:

1. Because trucking isn't as laudable as a college degree in our current culture, nor is it the glamorous type of white-collar work that (most people) regard as 'the American dream'... Driving tens of tons down the highway for cents-per-mile, away from your family for days on end, week after week? Most folks will flip burgers instead.

2. Nothing makes them less qualified than any other CDL holder... It just proves that they're equally capable of cramming for the written test, regurgitating the equipment safety inspection line for line from the Youtube video, and not crash into anything during the behind-the-wheel portion of the test, just like every other current CDL holder.

Now I don't mean to downplay the qualifications and skill of a professional truck driver, but anyone with a CDL in their bag of tricks can see what I'm getting at, or in fact know a driver or two who've barely passed in a similar fashion. The CDL does not make the trucker, the same way that a non-commercial license does not automatically make you a safe automobile driver.

The reality is that a lot of "multicultural" truckers get those reputations for very good reasons, and you've effectively ignored Drew's years of experience and ruled out any of his personal interaction with such drivers by quietly calling him names from the comfort of your pseudonym.

Don't believe me about reputation? The scores of crosses placed along I-25 in New Mexico, specifically south of Albuquerque, speak for themselves. And no, the vast majority of them were not left in memory of sober Caucasian drivers... But I guess I'm just xenophobic too, huh?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  SMART may pay NWP Co to NOT Operate George 07-14-2011 - 09:16
  Re: SMART may pay NWP Co to NOT Operate Espee99 07-14-2011 - 10:37
  Re: SMART may pay NWP Co to NOT Operate George 07-14-2011 - 11:48
  Re: SMART may pay NWP Co to NOT Operate Butler 07-14-2011 - 12:50
  Re: SMART may pay NWP Co to NOT Operate Drew Jacksich 07-14-2011 - 14:43
  Re: SMART may pay NWP Co to NOT Operate Brian 07-14-2011 - 14:48
  Re: SMART may pay NWP Co to NOT Operate butler 07-14-2011 - 17:08
  Re: SMART may pay NWP Co to NOT Operate WAF 07-14-2011 - 18:30
  Re: SMART may pay NWP Co to NOT Operate George Andrews 07-14-2011 - 20:21
  Re: SMART may pay NWP Co to NOT Operate Multicultural foamer 07-14-2011 - 20:34
  Re: SMART may pay NWP Co to NOT Operate Realist foamer 07-14-2011 - 23:32
  Re: SMART may pay NWP Co to NOT Operate theconductor 07-15-2011 - 00:32
  Re: SMART may pay NWP Co to NOT Operate SP5103 07-15-2011 - 14:32

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com