Ideas on Buffalo to Sacramento travel
Author: cnbob
Date: 01-12-2012 - 11:42

I have a good friend who needs to travel with her senior mother from Buffalo to Sacramento. Air travel is out because of an ear problem. She is new to Amtrak. It looks like the Lake Shore Limited (#49 11:55 pm - 9:45 am in Chicago) transfering to the Zephyr (#5 2:00 pm - 2:15 pm in Sacramento) should work out as a good connection in Chicago. Is the 4 1/4 hour connection between #49 & # 5 do-able and allowed?

I assume the senior discount could apply to the mom but how about the accompanying daughter? While on-line reservations my be least expensive, I think a conversation with a real person might clear up any details. Can she reserve on-line and then confirm and discuss with an agent?

Any words of wisdom as to the best accomadations to request? If the HC unit is not otherwise reserved do you think that the ear pressure issue could qualify her for that accomidation?

In Chicago, I assume with a sleeping car reservation, they would have access to the First Class Lounge. They will be traveling with two bags each but probably not checkable. Is there red cap service available? Any thoughts for them on tipping along the way?

I want this to be a positive experience for my friends.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Ideas on Buffalo to Sacramento travel cnbob 01-12-2012 - 11:42
  Re: Ideas on Buffalo to Sacramento travel Gary 01-12-2012 - 15:33
  Re: Ideas on Buffalo to Sacramento travel Michael Mahoney 01-12-2012 - 15:46
  Re: Ideas on Buffalo to Sacramento travel BOB R 01-12-2012 - 16:52
  Re: Ideas on Buffalo to Sacramento travel Dragoman 01-12-2012 - 17:49
  Re: Ideas on Buffalo to Sacramento travel BOB R 01-13-2012 - 15:19
  Re: Ideas on Buffalo to Sacramento travel cnbob 01-15-2012 - 10:37

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com