Re: Glad I Left !!!
Author: Q
Date: 06-19-2012 - 17:09

> This may, however, simply be an editing error or the reporter didn't hear her clearly.

BOTH - actually!

Of course! Remember when everybody and his brother, was hollering so loud about the stupidity of using public funds to buy an all but defunct piece of r.o.w.? Nobody could figure the sense to it, when there was zero business for the railroad and little hope of attracting any.

Well, I learned long ago in my public service career, that politicians and bureaucrats, especially those in public transportation, cannot be understood by the way normal people think. You gotta think like they think: like this ----

"There is not a ghost of chance anyone in their right mind is gonna buy the notion of a cross county bike trail, except of course for the one out of a million, who will actually want to use it - still won't actually use it, but will want to.

"BUT WE GOTTA HAVE IT ! It ain't cool if we don't! We have to be PRO-BIKE or WE WON'T LOOK GOOD! ---- So why not get the feds or the state to buy the railroad, then we will drive it out of busines by not allowing rail users to locate anywhere NEAR IT. It'ill get ripped up and we will have our righto'way for a trail."

Well - Pretty smart actually - we fell for it , the Santa Cruz Idiots bought it, the state got sucked it. . .. Pretty clever - the citizens of the whole darn state of Kalistupidia voted for fancy fast trains and got fancy slow trails instead. The money went for trails! Who'd a thunk it! -- Clever indeed!

But then "Why am I not surprised!" How could anybody be surprised, when billions in local tax moneys collected for specific purposes, have been ripped off for years to pay tribute to the Governor's agenda. Even vanity license plate money intended to help California victims of 911, got ripped off.

Now if you or I collected money for one stated purpose, but used it instead for something else, we'd go directly to jail. John Edwards almost did! But the mis-appropriation of those millions won't even get noticed. The 911 license plate rippoff Didn't even get reported for more than 3 years. It's a drop in the bucket anyway - compared to the stench of corruption that goes all the way to the top in Sacramento. So who is still in government in that god forsaken one party state, that is left to notice, or even care.

Oh but then again - if there were any federal dollars involved - the feds will exact a steep price for their continued silence. You don' mess with them! And Yes, I've actually eyewitnesed the FBI come into a public office building and take "public servants" away, for doing no more than this with federal dollars.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Santa Cruz County Supervisor Believes Rail Will Fail And Be Replaced With Trail Bait & Switch 06-18-2012 - 19:06
  Re: Santa Cruz County Supervisor Believes Rail Will Fail And Be Replaced With Trail Carol L. Voss 06-18-2012 - 20:41
  Re: Santa Cruz County Supervisor Believes Rail Will Fail And Be Replaced With Trail Jon Porter 06-18-2012 - 22:04
  Re: Santa Cruz County Supervisor Believes Rail Will Fail And Be Replaced With Trail Hutch 7.62 06-18-2012 - 22:46
  Re: Santa Cruz County Supervisor Believes Rail Will Fail And Be Replaced With Trail Trail user 06-19-2012 - 18:47
  Re: Santa Cruz County Supervisor Believes Rail Will Fail And Be Replaced With Trail Hutch 7.62 06-19-2012 - 19:41
  Re: Santa Cruz County Supervisor Believes Rail Will Fail And Be Replaced With Trail MG42 06-19-2012 - 20:22
  Re: Santa Cruz County Supervisor Believes Rail Will Fail And Be Replaced With Trail Juppo 06-20-2012 - 11:15
  Ah, Juppo, my favorite TROLL>:-( MG42 06-20-2012 - 15:38
  Re: Ah, Juppo, my favorite TROLL>:-( Hutch 7.62 06-20-2012 - 19:49
  Re: Ah, Juppo, my favorite TROLL>:-( MG42 06-20-2012 - 20:19
  Re: Santa Cruz County Supervisor Believes Rail Will Fail And Be Replaced With Trail Trail user 06-20-2012 - 21:06
  Re: Santa Cruz County Supervisor Believes Rail Will Fail And Be Replaced With Trail MG42 06-20-2012 - 21:29
  Re: Santa Cruz County Supervisor Believes Rail Will Fail And Be Replaced With Trail Jon Porter 06-21-2012 - 00:18
  Re: Santa Cruz County Supervisor Believes Rail Will Fail And Be Replaced With Trail Steve Carter 06-18-2012 - 22:28
  Re: Santa Cruz County Supervisor Believes Rail Will Fail And Be Replaced With Trail jst3751 06-18-2012 - 22:42
  Re: Santa Cruz County Supervisor Believes Rail Will Fail And Be Replaced With Trail David 06-19-2012 - 07:52
  Re: Santa Cruz County Supervisor Believes Rail Will Fail And Be Replaced With Trail Howitzer 06-19-2012 - 08:55
  Re: Santa Cruz County Supervisor Believes Rail Will Fail And Be Replaced With Trail Drew Jacksich 06-19-2012 - 09:31
  Re: Santa Cruz County Supervisor Believes Rail Will Fail And Be Replaced With Trail Michael Mahoney 06-19-2012 - 12:14
  Re: Santa Cruz County Supervisor Believes Rail Will Fail And Be Replaced With Trail MG42 06-19-2012 - 14:12
  Re: Glad I Left !!! Q 06-19-2012 - 17:09
  Re: Glad I Left !!! Nate 06-21-2012 - 08:48
  Re: Santa Cruz County Supervisor Believes Rail Will Fail And Be Replaced With Trail Brian Bergtold 06-21-2012 - 12:36

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com