Re: High Speed idiot
Author: Severe Duty
Date: 09-28-2012 - 16:45

Empty Pockets wrote: "Actually, no, I don't get your point. I assume you are saying that volume purchase equals a lower cost per car. Which is fine except that the citizens of Illinois were not informed of this deal. At some point, theoretically, we have a right, as citizens of the State of Illinois. to know where the state government is spending our money. The fact that the state of Illinois is clubbing together with the state of California to buy a few passenger cars, without our knowledge, is just not going to get it.
Having said that, it is my understanding that the engineering developed by Pullman-Standard exists in files somewhere in south suburban Chicago, so why are you looking to the Japanese for a solution to rail transit when the answer exists here in the US?"

1> I find it doubtful that IDOT commited funds to this purchase below-board or covert.

2> Sumitomo's build plans and standards obviously meet current DOT/FRA/NTSB requirements for crash-worthiness, et. al. The firm also has a proven track record. Pullman Standard exited passenger building years ago. I seriously doubt it would be competitive to try and upgrade archived build plans given today's ISO and process standards, but I am confident the opportunity is there for whatever firm thinks that upgrading and tooling up to compete with Sumitomo, or any other firm for that matter, is there for the taking.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  High Speed Rail Car Purchase HyRailer 09-27-2012 - 12:21
  Re: High Speed Rail Car Purchase Empty Pockets 09-27-2012 - 13:04
  Re: High Speed Rail Car Purchase Scott Schiechl 09-27-2012 - 13:57
  Re: High Speed idiot THAT guy 09-27-2012 - 14:43
  Re: High Speed idiot Empty Pockets 09-27-2012 - 17:10
  Re: High Speed idiot Graham Buxton 09-27-2012 - 17:47
  Re: High Speed idiot Severe Duty 09-28-2012 - 16:45
  Re: High Speed idiot Scott Schiechl 09-28-2012 - 16:59
  "Not" CHSRA Related High Speed Rail Car Purchase BOB2 09-27-2012 - 14:59
  Re: "Not" CHSRA Related High Speed Rail Car Purchase That Guy with the Genset 10-02-2012 - 09:51
  Re: High Speed Rail Car Purchase Scott Schiechl 09-27-2012 - 17:29
  Re: High Speed Rail Car Purchase BOB2 09-27-2012 - 22:33

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com