Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization
Author: Don't Make the Same Mistake
Date: 06-10-2013 - 12:22

Lest you think that I'm making up a story or playing games, I just got done faxing my response back on the on-going Credit Card dispute that I have with Sunbird Train Mart. I don't know what part of he still has payment for the five books still in my possession that were not defective, he doesn't get.

Further, I see another game he plays.

Two of the Morning Sun titles that I ordered have recently gone out of print:

Santa Fe 1940-1971 In Color Volume 3: Albuquerque-Los Angeles
Burlington Northern In Color Volume 2: A Cascade of Color

They were listed for sale on his web site at list prices, so I purchased them. They me the books were available.

In BOTH cases, he substituded different titles of his choosing. He later stated that he found the BN book on Amazon.com for $125 (because it's now out of print).

Funny how this store will just substitute a different title of their own choosing when they sell a book at their advertised price, but then later find out they can get more money for it elsewhere.

Then he told me he no longer had the BN in Color Vol. 2, but then it still showed up in my next shipment. I believe the manager was lying to me, but one of his employees shipped it knowing that I had ordered it. Now he wants it back and is also fradulently telling his bank that I didn't pay for it. Surely, he wouldn't ship me a book that I hadn't paid for. Of course I paid for it.

He's trying to retroactively recoup from me the premium price that the book now sells for after he sold it to me at his listed price.

In the first order, he told me that they didn't have Lehigh Vally in Color, Vol. 6 in stock and couldn't ship it. But they still charged me for it anyway. They charged me for five books and only shipped four.

I buy A LOT of books. At least when other book sellers make a mistake or send a defective product, they'll stand behind their business and make it right (take the book back, refund my money, whatever).

I've never expereience anything like this with any kind of store or business.

By contrast, there are so many great ethical train book business out there (Overland Hobbies, Joe McMillan, Ted Schnepf, etc).

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization Don't Make the Same Mistake 06-09-2013 - 20:05
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization George Andrews 06-10-2013 - 09:23
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization Don't Make the Same Mistake 06-10-2013 - 12:22
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization usmc1401 06-10-2013 - 13:51
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization Pandora 06-10-2013 - 14:30
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization Don't Make the Same Mistake 06-10-2013 - 14:37
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization Don't Make the Same Mistake 06-10-2013 - 14:40
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization douglasm 06-10-2013 - 18:33
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization Don't Make the Same Mistake 06-10-2013 - 20:52
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization Stan F 06-11-2013 - 08:56
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization Don't Make the Same Mistake 06-11-2013 - 09:25
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization P. Kepler 06-11-2013 - 09:28
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization KRK 06-11-2013 - 13:27

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com