Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization
Author: Don't Make the Same Mistake
Date: 06-09-2013 - 20:05

Has anyone else ever had a problem dealing with Sunbird Train Mart in Colorado Springs? I sure did. Apparently some others have too, as noted on this web link.

[www.dexknows.com]

In fact, if you look at the Colorado BBB's web site, there have been several complaints and they were on the BBB "Watch List" for awhile.

I want to warn everyone else too, so you don't end up in a three month nightmare of changing your credit card and trying to recoup your money through Master Card or the BBB.

Here's a summary of what you should all watch out for if you ever make a bad choice like I did.

Sunbird Train Mart is the most en-ethically and incompetently run business I've ever dealt with. I've had to file a Master Card dispute, and a complaint with the Colorado BBB.

I ordered 14 train books from them. Three of them had the wrong titles sent; a forth wasn't even sent at all. At one point, he told me a book I'd ordered, and they (possibly intentionally) sent me a different title, was no longer in stock or available. Then they ship it to me anyway, so he was obviously lying.

They packed very poorly and 9 of the books in my second order were damaged. First he tried to blame UPS and then me. It was their lack of proper packaging that was the fault.

Not sure if he was intentionally sending the wrong books, and charging me for books not sent, of if they are just really disorganized. So I return 9 defective books unopened and in the same condition I received them. He wouldn't refund my payment and wouldn't even give me a straight answer. I finally had to file a Master Card Dispute only for the price of the 9 returned books. He has payment for the five books still in my possession. Now he's claiming I owe him for another book.

Next, he made a fraudulent and unauthorized charge against my credit card taking back Master Card's provisional refund. That was six weeks after I last authorized him to charge my card. My bank advised me to have a new credit card reissued so he couldn't make any more fraudulent charges. Pretty bad when you have to get a new credit card to guard again unethical and illegal activities by a Hobby Shop owner.

I have provided documentation to him over and over and over showing the list of books and what I paid for, and that I only asked for refund for the returned books. In fact, I absorbed the shipping costs each way and didn't even file for a refund of that - just the 9 defective books I returned unopened. He still keeps erroneously insisting I owe him for a tenth book and lying to his bank and Master Card about it. I have provided all parties with the proper documentation showing the list of titles and payment.

If you look on the Colorado BBB's web site you will see there have been multiple complaints about Sunbird Train Mart and they were on the BBB "Watch List".

I buy lot of Train Books from a lot of sellers and have never seen anything like this before. I'd stay as far away as you can. Otherwise, you might end up with a three month nightmare of credit card disputes and reissuing a new credit card. I've already purchased new copies of the 9 returned titles from another ethical seller and am quite happy with my business with the other Hobby Shop.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization Don't Make the Same Mistake 06-09-2013 - 20:05
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization George Andrews 06-10-2013 - 09:23
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization Don't Make the Same Mistake 06-10-2013 - 12:22
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization usmc1401 06-10-2013 - 13:51
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization Pandora 06-10-2013 - 14:30
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization Don't Make the Same Mistake 06-10-2013 - 14:37
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization Don't Make the Same Mistake 06-10-2013 - 14:40
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization douglasm 06-10-2013 - 18:33
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization Don't Make the Same Mistake 06-10-2013 - 20:52
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization Stan F 06-11-2013 - 08:56
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization Don't Make the Same Mistake 06-11-2013 - 09:25
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization P. Kepler 06-11-2013 - 09:28
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization KRK 06-11-2013 - 13:27

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com