-------------------------------------------------------
> No comment on Sunbird, but I was thinking how the
> times have changed. When I lived in The Springs
> in the mid 70's the only model railroad store was
> Lemke's Roundhouse, run by a guy out of his
> garage. Not a big selection, but he would order
> anything you wanted and stand behind it 100%. I
> miss those kinds of places.....

Well every other train book seller or hobby shop has stood by their product. If it gets damaged in shipping, they replace it or refund, and take responsibilty for their packaging

Sunbird put $450 worth of books in a box without an iota of padding. It had 2mm of cardboard and nothing more. The boxes will inevitably hit other boxes and get tossed around. And this was AFTER I asked them at least five times to pack the shipment extra well. They ignored that request (which should be standard practice anyway) and then tried to blame both UPS and me for the damage.

If they charge you for five books but then only send four, they make it right - either ship another book, or refund for the un-sent book. That's the way every other book dealer has operated, and I've purchased a whole lot of train books from a whole lot of sellers.

Sunbird Train Mart shipped me a book to make up for the un-sent book and now claims I owe them payment for it again. In other words, I'd be charged twice for the same book.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization Don't Make the Same Mistake 06-09-2013 - 20:05
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization George Andrews 06-10-2013 - 09:23
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization Don't Make the Same Mistake 06-10-2013 - 12:22
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization usmc1401 06-10-2013 - 13:51
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization Pandora 06-10-2013 - 14:30
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization Don't Make the Same Mistake 06-10-2013 - 14:37
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization Don't Make the Same Mistake 06-10-2013 - 14:40
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization douglasm 06-10-2013 - 18:33
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization Don't Make the Same Mistake 06-10-2013 - 20:52
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization Stan F 06-11-2013 - 08:56
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization Don't Make the Same Mistake 06-11-2013 - 09:25
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization P. Kepler 06-11-2013 - 09:28
  Re: Sunbird Train Mart lack of ethics and organization KRK 06-11-2013 - 13:27

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com