Re: Eastern Washington Shortlines radio question --- Help!!
Author: KI6WDX
Date: 01-11-2014 - 14:21

Paul, if you don't send me an email or note your email address for this PDF document I have which I think will be very helpful for you, in setting the frequency for whoever, narrow band is 12.5 kHz whereas wide band (that being analog) is 25 kHz. But I doubt that you'll see much reception difference with voice transmission between analog and digital receptions. You might have to increase the volume some. Or maybe not. All of which depends on the model of radio/scanner you have at this time.

If you're goimng to use the radio, you might consider one of those already assembled mobile magnetic mount antennas offered for sale from Railcom as seen in their ads in the R & R magazine.

If you buy one of them and to get the best reception, unloosen the setscrew and cut the whip to 42" which will place the antenna reception smack dab in the middle of the RR band. Make sure you file the cut end flat, reinsert it into the base coil body and tighten the setscrew. It with enough coax cable and the connection. I believe you have to specify what connection you want these days unlike when I bought mine, it came with the BNC connector. Stick on top of your vehicle, snake the cable into it and you're good to go!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Eastern Washington Shortlines radio question --- Help!! Paul Westfield 01-10-2014 - 21:59
  Re: Eastern Washington Shortlines radio question --- Help!! Scott Wilson 01-10-2014 - 23:15
  Re: Eastern Washington Shortlines radio question --- Help!! KI6WDX 01-10-2014 - 23:38
  Re: Eastern Washington Shortlines radio question - another question Paul Westfield 01-11-2014 - 10:04
  Re: Eastern Washington Shortlines radio question --- Help!! Hoghead 1 01-11-2014 - 10:41
  Re: Eastern Washington Shortlines radio question --- Help!! KI6WDX 01-11-2014 - 13:16
  Narrow Banding- 100 million waste Radio tech 01-13-2014 - 12:17
  Re: Narrow Banding- 100 million waste fkrock 01-14-2014 - 09:27
  Re: Eastern Washington Shortlines radio question --- Help!! KI6WDX 01-11-2014 - 14:21
  Re: Eastern Washington Shortlines radio question --- Help!! z 01-11-2014 - 23:14
  Re: Eastern Washington Shortlines radio question --- Help!! fkrock 01-12-2014 - 08:56
  Re: Narrowbanding... BNOldHead 01-13-2014 - 22:29

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com