Re: The twisted saga behind California’s bullet train
Author: Ed Workman
Date: 01-14-2015 - 13:27

<<>
Precisely why I voted against the prop and am against the incompetent HSR as it 'sort of' is
I seriously doubt there is a public employee of any influence, or anyone from the engineering community that toadies for them, that is capable of doing the above.
So if I'm not a nimby [ I'm not] I'm a - did you say tea BAGGER?
If that's what you meant sign your name so we can talk
Anybody notice that the CA Water Project has never been finished? It kind of works, in a way, in wet years.
What's the Vegas line regarding the chances HSR will ever do anything but make the insiders rich?
Or the odds it will do anything high speed and useful at all.
So if stops in the Antelope Valley, say only one, are really cool, what about Bakersfield and Modesto? And "blended" San Jose? Hi Speed Locals appear to be an oxymoron, particularly when the basic route is that determined in 1875. Somebody show us travel times and actual max speed between all those really cool points- Maybe it works, or not. But you gotta use acceleration rates that are sufficiently low as to ensure the passengers aren't crushed . Recall that HSR pulled out of a joint purchase of HS equipment cuz ATK's speed spec wasn't 'fast enough" Fast enough for what?
By the time CACAHSR gets enough track , if ever, that equipment would be worn out on the locals, so if higher capability were to be needed it could be obtained for actual use.
THe real key to the article is that actual attendance by the author wasn't necessary, just as some folks already are not commuting to work, but producing electronically- so how does that figure in to traffic projections? Probly no one knows- if they could actually predict the future they'd have retired on their winnings from Pork Belly Futures, instead of Pork Barrel wallowing. And the remark about the capacity of a double track railway compared to freeway lanes is also interesting. It's been around a long time- Can anyone cite specifics of accomplished results? The only analysis of specifics I've seen is by someone dissing SMART- and I wonder if that analysis has merit- it concluded that the old saw did not apply to Marin County. Where does it really apply?
Oh one last thing- any of you HSR fans invest your life savings as a private sector partner? Why are you waiting? Do you remember the WHOOPS bonds perhaps?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  The twisted saga behind California’s bullet train Taxpayer 01-14-2015 - 09:16
  Re: The twisted saga behind California’s bullet train synonymouse 01-14-2015 - 10:15
  Re: The twisted saga behind California’s bullet train BOB2 01-14-2015 - 10:22
  Re: The twisted saga behind California’s bullet train brains 01-14-2015 - 11:17
  Re: The twisted saga behind California’s bullet train synonymouse 01-14-2015 - 11:18
  Re: The twisted saga behind California’s bullet train BOB2 01-14-2015 - 12:38
  Re: The twisted saga behind California’s bullet train Ed Workman 01-14-2015 - 13:27
  Re: The twisted saga behind California’s bullet train Bob 10-09-2015 - 21:47
  Re: The twisted saga behind California’s bullet train Enamored 01-14-2015 - 19:38
  Re: The twisted saga behind California’s bullet train synonymouse 01-14-2015 - 21:01
  Re: The twisted saga behind California’s bullet train pieinthesky 01-15-2015 - 07:16
  Re: The twisted saga behind California’s bullet train Overfair 01-15-2015 - 09:59
  Re: The twisted saga behind California’s bullet train Ed Workman 01-15-2015 - 10:54
  Re: The twisted saga behind California’s bullet train synonymouse 01-15-2015 - 11:42
  Re: The twisted saga behind California’s bullet train Carol L Voss 01-15-2015 - 14:25
  Re: The twisted saga behind California’s bullet train synonymouse 01-15-2015 - 16:37

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com