Re: Bullet Train in the news again-Don't Blame the Messenger?
Author: BOB2
Date: 08-01-2016 - 10:38

This project is about to be audited from what I hear, and the results are not likely to be pretty.

This project has always been a massive fiasco, and now the results of years of incompetent planning, incompetent design work, mismanagement, a poorly worded bond measure, and contract steering are under the kind of scrutiny they have long deserved.

SCAG is just getting screwed, yet again, and this deal does nothing for the 60% of Californian's in the southern part of the state. I can only hope the local agencies do finally rebel over this giant money pit, as worthwhile projects are stalled for years for lack of funding, while this fiasco sucks up funds and public credibility....without any real accountability to the taxpayers.

This bill will not fix much, since the whole project has always been about political "visions" (of campaign contributions by a myriad of contractors who both in charge of and are the only beneficiaries of this fiasco) not real transportation needs facing California's gridlocked citizens'

The sheer incompetence and lack of accountability in things like the CHSRA fiasco is a perfect example of why there is a crisis of confidence in our public institutions, and rightly so.

I'm sorry Edward, I know that you support an investment in fast, reliable, cost effective rail passenger service for California, as do I. But, no amount of lipstick makes this bloated, incompetent, and corrupt CHSRA pig any prettier. This is a scam that has been almost entirely managed by and for its own vendors, with little or no effective oversight, to the detriment of the taxpayers being fleeced.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Bullet Train in the news again A Railfan 07-31-2016 - 05:56
  Re: Bullet Train in the news again Edward 07-31-2016 - 10:43
  Re: Bullet Train in the news again-Don't Blame the Messenger? BOB2 08-01-2016 - 10:38
  Re: Bullet Train in the news again-Don't Blame the Messenger? synonymouse 08-01-2016 - 10:49
  Re: Bullet Train in the news again-Don't Blame the Messenger? Edward 08-01-2016 - 11:51
  Re: Bullet Train in the news again-Don't Blame the Messenger? david vartanoff 08-01-2016 - 13:12
  Re: Bullet Train in the news again-Don't Blame the Messenger? synonymouse 08-01-2016 - 14:49
  Re: Bullet Train in the news again-Don't Blame the Messenger? BOB2 08-01-2016 - 15:23
  Re: Bullet Train in the news again-Don't Blame the Messenger? synonymouse 08-02-2016 - 10:02
  Re: Bullet Train in the news again-Don't Blame the Messenger? mook 08-02-2016 - 10:08
  Re: Bullet Train in the news again-Pure French Tejon BS? BOB2 08-02-2016 - 10:56
  Re: Bullet Train in the news again-Pure French Tejon BS? synonymouse 08-02-2016 - 17:41
  Re: Bullet Train in the news again-Pure French Tejon BS? BOB R 08-03-2016 - 20:31
  Re: Bullet Train in the news again-Pure French Tejon BS? synonymouse 08-04-2016 - 01:03
  Re: Bullet Train in the news again-Pure French Tejon BS? mook 08-04-2016 - 08:52
  Re: Bullet Train in the news again-Don't Blame the Messenger? Ed Workman 08-03-2016 - 08:59

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com