Re: Those pushing lane takings for BRT can't show any benefit from it....
Author: BOB2
Date: 07-11-2019 - 11:37

Even Mouse is, like the proverbial "broken clock", right twice a day... And, this is a good one.

I've done a couple of dozen analysis of the purported benefits of "bus only" lanes, and find no travel time, operational, or safety benefits. This is including a project I did of actually putting interns on hundreds of busses, at a dozen or so locations with high bus traffic, and/or proposed for Bus only lanes, to do good old fashioned "time and motion" studies and document delay by type location, and then looked at the conditions that a busway would purportedly create, and compared the two.

The public erupted in Eagle Rock last night, where MTA has proposed taking lanes on Colorado for a "road diet" to create and exclusive busway. This "road diet" is also being proposed by the City of Pasadena and MTA on Colorado through already "gridlocked" downtown. I have studied both, and they produce no operating or travel time savings, and would create up an average of 3 minutes travel time delay for each auto user, increasing fuel consumption and greenhouse gases, and costing travelers somewhere near $3 million dollars a year in additional travel time cost....

Let's see....? Umh? No benefit to buses or bus riders, and significant negative environmental impact, and more cost to those "evil" auto users....?

Ah? I get it... Can you say "Complete Streets" we must "punish the evil auto" whackjob "math free", traffic engineering?

In honesty, actually did some work some work on one of these "turkeys" a few years back. I did a ride along and analysis of this Pasadena to Burbank proposal a few years back, and it is another political "turkey" route proposed by Ara.....

There are lots of trips along this corridor, with a high skilled and high value of time workforce (studios, medical, etc.). Unfortunately the corridor is geographically large, with diffused concentrations of origins and destinations (especially job concentrations), making efficient routing and scheduling, of a "single" BRT corridor, that would be competitive with auto travel times, to meet the travel needs of that user demographic, completely impossible.

But hey, don't let bit of a reality check, that stand between an egotistical politician and your wallet....

"We are professionals, do not try this at home!"

Now, Mouse, this is "train" board, so go find something awful to tell us about SMART....

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Apparently some Angelenos do not care for BRT synonymouse 07-11-2019 - 10:08
  Re: Those pushing lane takings for BRT can't show any benefit from it.... BOB2 07-11-2019 - 11:37
  Re: Those pushing lane takings for BRT can't show any benefit from it.... les 07-11-2019 - 12:06
  Re: Those pushing lane takings for BRT can't show any benefit from it.... synonymouse 07-11-2019 - 12:14
  Re: Those pushing lane takings for BRT can't show any benefit from it.... david vartanoff 07-11-2019 - 14:09
  Re: I'm an idiot, I know.... Stupid me, using math, instead of clicking my heels and believing I'm in Kansas..really really hard. BOB2 07-11-2019 - 15:57
  Re: Those pushing lane takings for BRT can't show any benefit from it.... les 07-11-2019 - 16:15
  Re: That's not 25% of the Seattle Region, and it has nothing to do with the purported benefit or merits of these bus "lanes" .... BOB2 07-11-2019 - 16:38
  Re: That's not 25% of the Seattle Region, and it has nothing to do with the purported benefit or merits of these bus "lanes" .... FUD 07-11-2019 - 17:21
  Re: That's not 25% of the Seattle Region, and it has nothing to do with the purported benefit or merits of these bus "lanes" .... les 07-11-2019 - 18:19
  I've done that commute once or twice, I know what the 25% is referencing les 07-11-2019 - 18:07
  Re: I've done that commute once or twice, I know what the 25% is referencing Cprr 07-12-2019 - 07:05
  Re: I've done that commute once or twice, I know what the 25% is referencing Cprr 07-12-2019 - 07:07
  Here's a study I remember that sounded similar to Bob's les 07-12-2019 - 07:36
  Re: I've done that commute once or twice, I know what the 25% is referencing FUD 07-12-2019 - 09:26
  Re:A waste of resources, and BS... And. "it's bad for you".... BOB2 07-12-2019 - 11:14
  Re: Re:A waste of resources, and BS... And. "it's bad for you".... WebDigger 07-12-2019 - 17:09

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com