Re:A waste of resources, and BS... And. "it's bad for you"....
Author: BOB2
Date: 07-12-2019 - 11:14

I've actually done the ride along on all of the original routes looked at for the Pasadena NOHO, along this BUR route. As currently laid out, this take a lane BRT is a low performance political turkey, for Ara. In my best professional opinion, it will not carry anywhere near sufficient bus ridership, to warrant, or offset a micro fraction of the lost road capacity and travel delay costs to the current auto users.

Read my first post on this, and you'll understand why...

Even if it does go to the BUR airport, there is no reason to believe that will help generate that much traffic. A "circulator" shuttle to NOHO from BUR makes more sense, for both employee and passenger access. The NOHO, BUR, GLN, ER, PAS proposed bus "rapid transit" route is just not "rapid" enough, is uncompetitive in its travel times, for both airport employees and passengers, and/or most other work trips, in that corridor.

MTA bus access to the rail lines sucks, and the passenger volumes on buses have fallen 1) because folks have switched to local systems and faster rail lines, 2) because increasing congestion is slowing the buses, and making them less reliable, and 3) because of diversions to Uber and Lyft. So, if MTA wants to stem passenger losses and use this taxpayer money that they're wasting on this nonsense, more effectively, maybe they should think about restructuring things like my crappy MTA bus service an Lake in Pasadena.

Currently, I am served by 3 routes, running two runs per hour on each route, coming "nose to tail", every half hour. They could turn that underused capacity, into a single 10 minute headway high frequency, circulator to improve access to both the Gold Line Station and shopping, employment, and entertainment in Pasadena's downtown. This circulator would reduce "wait time" with a disutility function that is three times the in-vehicle travel times, using the same bus hours, that they are currently using to run crappy service.

Yeah Les, kind of hard on you two, but this is bull$hit…. It's just "pseudo-enviro" quasi- left wing bull$hit, as opposed to say right wing, global warming denial bull$hit…

I use math, not bull$hit, to find real answers.... So I tend to piss off both "true believer" fringes.... I'm not a follower of the simplistic twaddle of Ayn Rand or Karl Marx... I am a follower of the great philosopher George Carlin: "it's bull$hit, and it's bad for you...."

Most of these proposed "road diets" for exclusive bus lanes, appears to be based on an untested "common sense" theory, that they will reduce bus travel times, that when put to the test using actual operational and traffic data, using math, appears to show that is complete "bull$hit"...

A pissed off public, looking at more local traffic congestion, more fuel wasted, more greenhouse gas emissions, no real transit benefit, with the money wasted on these turkey's that could be used for improving the current poor bus service...? Bull$hit?

I'm sick of buses, ain't there any good train news...

Mouse, what terrible things did BART do today?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Apparently some Angelenos do not care for BRT synonymouse 07-11-2019 - 10:08
  Re: Those pushing lane takings for BRT can't show any benefit from it.... BOB2 07-11-2019 - 11:37
  Re: Those pushing lane takings for BRT can't show any benefit from it.... les 07-11-2019 - 12:06
  Re: Those pushing lane takings for BRT can't show any benefit from it.... synonymouse 07-11-2019 - 12:14
  Re: Those pushing lane takings for BRT can't show any benefit from it.... david vartanoff 07-11-2019 - 14:09
  Re: I'm an idiot, I know.... Stupid me, using math, instead of clicking my heels and believing I'm in Kansas..really really hard. BOB2 07-11-2019 - 15:57
  Re: Those pushing lane takings for BRT can't show any benefit from it.... les 07-11-2019 - 16:15
  Re: That's not 25% of the Seattle Region, and it has nothing to do with the purported benefit or merits of these bus "lanes" .... BOB2 07-11-2019 - 16:38
  Re: That's not 25% of the Seattle Region, and it has nothing to do with the purported benefit or merits of these bus "lanes" .... FUD 07-11-2019 - 17:21
  Re: That's not 25% of the Seattle Region, and it has nothing to do with the purported benefit or merits of these bus "lanes" .... les 07-11-2019 - 18:19
  I've done that commute once or twice, I know what the 25% is referencing les 07-11-2019 - 18:07
  Re: I've done that commute once or twice, I know what the 25% is referencing Cprr 07-12-2019 - 07:05
  Re: I've done that commute once or twice, I know what the 25% is referencing Cprr 07-12-2019 - 07:07
  Here's a study I remember that sounded similar to Bob's les 07-12-2019 - 07:36
  Re: I've done that commute once or twice, I know what the 25% is referencing FUD 07-12-2019 - 09:26
  Re:A waste of resources, and BS... And. "it's bad for you".... BOB2 07-12-2019 - 11:14
  Re: Re:A waste of resources, and BS... And. "it's bad for you".... WebDigger 07-12-2019 - 17:09

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com