Re: Bob he is scary. It's a scary world these days.... But... EGBOK!
Author: BOB2
Date: 07-07-2022 - 14:44

El Gringo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bob2, nowadays folks like that are getting scary.
> Hopefully his actions just stay virtual.
>
> On another note, quit waxing the El Camino and
> give us a SoCal rail status update.

LMAO... The '72 El Camino was one of my best RR days shorts '79 gas crisis pick up, really cheap.... I bought gas hogs in times like these, that I always sold for a profit, starting in '73 with my full blown Red Cadillac convertible with everything working and a broken motor mount for $300 in '74. Sold it later for a grand and didn't even fix the motor mount, you just needed to be "gentle", that's all.

I've been a shut in lately on the rail meetings... I have been following mostly goofy local "psuedo-environmental" "new urbanist" insanity in my own community. The bizarre associative logic, dysfyunctional madness, and weird theories from the other end of the ideological loony fringe is not that much better on some of this stuff.

When I advocated for more traffic enforcement and steeper fines for distracted driving in a recent local meeting I was "attacked' as an evil police state reactionary by an idiot with no education or experience in this field, who is being funded by mommy and daddy through a non-profit to save the world, by stopping the evil auto users from being able to get anywhere. I am also a promoter of "traffic violence", apparently just because I am a mysogonistic male who owns a pickup truck, according to one of the whackier nutjobs making comments at the last meeting.

I really like the Cities zoom meeting format though. Unlike when I staffed these kind of meetings, now the most important thing I worry about is what wine to pair with what City meeting. It helps a lot when you're listening to some of the nuttier stuff being spewed.

Brian People's syndrome, the "traffic violence" cult, and even Nancy's mental condition may even be a linked to waiting too long to take the lead out of gasoline.

The budget battle and the FRA releases are all good news, so far, for some of the Sou Cal projects, not so much for the CAHSRA. Like with the comments on the Coastline improvements, there was a lot in the "pipeline' already. Now, with the State surpluses and relatively good local sales tax revenues through Covid, more of the grade seps, and needed track improvements are moving forward (Simi Valley DT and such).

The next "political" process round after the State budget battle is at how, how much, and how fast intercity rail funding moves from the Feds and how projecgt approvals are expedited with this infusion of funds. The processes, thus far, from the FRA have been better than how funds were distributed under Obama's FRA in 2009 period. This is in the fact that the FRA seems to be trying to use a more competitive benefits based allocdation "process", which mimics more of what is attempted the FTA/FHWA procresses, in at least uncovering the real purely political "turkeys".

The one sore point is the complete meltdown at the dysfunctional MTA operations end of things, and on security. The MTA has made massive bus and rail "service" level and route cuts, losing nearly a half a million daily riders as a result.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval - Eighty-eighth Installment D. B. Arthur 07-06-2022 - 21:54
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Eighty-eighth Installment GRD 07-06-2022 - 22:54
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Eighty-eighth Installment BOB2 07-07-2022 - 04:16
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Eighty-eighth Installment 2Boob 07-07-2022 - 08:42
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Eighty-eighth Installment 2Boob, again 07-07-2022 - 08:45
  Re: Sorry to hear that Nancy is having a bad day.... BOB2 07-07-2022 - 09:08
  Re: Sorry to hear that Nancy is having a bad day.... GRD 07-07-2022 - 11:30
  Bob he is scary. El Gringo 07-07-2022 - 13:34
  Re: Bob he is scary. It's a scary world these days.... But... EGBOK! BOB2 07-07-2022 - 14:44
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Eighty-eighth Installment Thanks Starbucks WiFi 07-07-2022 - 13:59
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Eighty-eighth Installment D. B. Arthur 07-07-2022 - 20:48
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Eighty-eighth Installment George Andrews 07-07-2022 - 21:30
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Eighty-eighth Installment LES 07-08-2022 - 02:56
  Same Perspective Today Kraut 07-07-2022 - 08:00
  Re: Same Perspective Today AZebra 07-07-2022 - 12:31
  Re: Same Perspective Today Peter D. 07-07-2022 - 14:50
  Re: Same Perspective Today D. B. Arthur 07-07-2022 - 21:28
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Eighty-eighth Installment Chris Walker 07-08-2022 - 16:48
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Eighty-eighth Installment D. B. Arthur 07-08-2022 - 17:54
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Eighty-eighth Installment Chris Walker 07-09-2022 - 15:32
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Eighty-eighth Installment OPRRMS 07-09-2022 - 18:36

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com